55 Inch OLED vs 65 Inch LED

Perfect

Hi ,

I believe everyone one in this forum who is a TV enthusiastic , would have had this question in their mind.

To Be Specific , 55 Inch LG B9 vs 65 Inch Sony X9500 LED ,

Being a Plasma user for almost 7+ years , I like the contrast in Plasma very much. Still the PQ is very good for todays Standards.

Recently , there have been appearance of vertical lines along the edges, so I have started for a New TV Hunt.

I have a 51 incher Plasma from Samsung , so which one should i go for , 55 incher OLED or 65 incher LED.

My usage : Movies and TV shows

No Gaming , No Normal SD / HD Tv Serials / No News Channels ( I might be stressing too much , I have another Tv for others in home to watch those stuff in that )

1.Its not a question about Size vs Quality , Since i have read reviews about Sony X9500 being a very nice TV , how much would i be missing the OLED contrast or How much would be missing the extra 10 inch for better immersion in Sony.

2. I am not worried about OLED burn-in. I am used to the baby sitting of Plasma earlier.

3.If the Sony catches up the OLED upto 95 % in PQ , then I might lean towards Sony. My main caveat here is , since i can only afford the 55inch OLED not the 65 inch.

4.And can anyone tell me whats the best price

For burn-in, Rtings did tests on 2017 models. Red subpixel much bigger now, almost twice the size. So even if we assume linear correlation, you can expect 2x life from 2019 and 2020 panels. So that's 6,000 hours or so for a static logo to burn-in. Calculate how long it'll take for your usage to get their for a logo, and there you have it. 3 hours of a channel a day with the same logo, that's 2,000 days...5.5-6 years to burn-in.

And oh, 2017 models didn't have logo luminance either. High-risk usage, turn it on to high, and even longer life span.

For newer TVs, burn-in is a non-issue for most people.

Whether to go for the bigger FALD Sony model or OLED, I'm firmly in the camp OLED as I can spot zone changes and blooming fairly easily and most of my viewing is at night. OLED also has great viewing angles similar to your plasma.

If you do go for Sony FALD, go for the 2020 model, X950H, as that has wide angle filter on the 65-inch model, but X950G doesn't. It's good set, as long as you can stand some of the blooming. Check user pics and reports for a better idea about that.

Bigger is more immersive. No doubt.

If you do go for Sony FALD, go for the 2020 model, X950H, as that has wide angle filter on the 65-inch model, but X950G doesn't. It's good set, as long as you can stand some of the blooming. Check user pics and reports for a better idea about that.

Bigger is more immersive. No doubt.
Is there a 65” X950H? That would be a good LCD option. Only 75” is listed on Sony site.

What's your viewing distance? Do you watch in dark room ?
If you have your viewing distance > 7-8 ft, I would suggest going for Sony 950G. As per most users and reviewers, more screen provides more immersion. OLED though will certainly offer better picture quality. And you might prefer it coming from a plasma.
I was in same doubt last year. Once I saw the 65" TV, the 55" looked tiny in comparison. I though ended up picking a 65" C9 after stretching my budget by 25k.

Hi ,

I believe everyone one in this forum who is a TV enthusiastic , would have had this question in their mind.

To Be Specific , 55 Inch LG B9 vs 65 Inch Sony X9500 LED ,

Being a Plasma user for almost 7+ years , I like the contrast in Plasma very much. Still the PQ is very good for todays Standards.

Recently , there have been appearance of vertical lines along the edges, so I have started for a New TV Hunt.

I have a 51 incher Plasma from Samsung , so which one should i go for , 55 incher OLED or 65 incher LED.

My usage : Movies and TV shows

No Gaming , No Normal SD / HD Tv Serials / No News Channels ( I might be stressing too much , I have another Tv for others in home to watch those stuff in that )

1.Its not a question about Size vs Quality , Since i have read reviews about Sony X9500 being a very nice TV , how much would i be missing the OLED contrast or How much would be missing the extra 10 inch for better immersion in Sony.

2. I am not worried about OLED burn-in. I am used to the baby sitting of Plasma earlier.

3.If the Sony catches up the OLED upto 95 % in PQ , then I might lean towards Sony. My main caveat here is , since i can only afford the 55inch OLED not the 65 inch.

4.And can anyone tell me whats the best price

If Burn-In isn't an issue for you then I don't any reason why you shouldn't go with B9. If possible extend the budget by a bit and get C9, it's worth the upgrade. A 55" C9 is available in Bangalore for around 135K.

.If the Sony catches up the OLED upto 95 % in PQ

I guess you should definitely visit the showroom and see both side by side. RD or Croma typically have 950G on display along with C9. They may not have the exact sizes, so you''ll have bring your imagination into play to adjust sizes in mind. Carry the content you typically watch and they'll you plug in your pendrive for a quick review.

Most of the people here firmly stand beside OLED, and there are good reasons for that - personally, I am no big fan of OLEDs (yet! ). If I have to pick between both, Sony FALD 950G will be an easy choice. Again - that'll be for my needs and purpose. For your type of viewing you mentioned, OLEDs should work better - if you have an eye for details and prefer those infinite contrast and deepest black levels.

Go for 65 inch. I started my hunt with a 55 inch and didn’t even dream of 65 inch. Within 3 days of audition when I was about to book a 55 inch oled I felt the size was small and not big enough. Within just 3 days of time I got used to the 55 inch and it felt small and that to just rough showroom demos. Been 5 months and 65 even though I got used and doesn’t feel big now but doesn’t feel small as well and feels standard in size. Since majority of your viewing is movies and tv show please go for a 65 inch

Jsut want to point out that blooming won't be that apparent in a brightly lit showroom. Plus, TVs have store mode to make them stand out. What you get from a TV at home is not the same as a store. If you're watching at night, how cna ylu judge performance in a brightly lit showroom floor?

I think the deciding factor would be viewing angles. How wide is the room and do you watch the tv straight? Coming from Plasma, OLED contrast would suit you better.
Most of my viewing in the night. I do watch movies at times with family. The living room isnt that big , its just 16 x 10 / 12 ish.

I sit about 8 - 10 feet from the current TV.

What's your viewing distance? Do you watch in dark room ?
If you have your viewing distance > 7-8 ft, I would suggest going for Sony 950G. As per most users and reviewers, more screen provides more immersion. OLED though will certainly offer better picture quality. And you might prefer it coming from a plasma.
I was in same doubt last year. Once I saw the 65" TV, the 55" looked tiny in comparison. I though ended up picking a 65" C9 after stretching my budget by 25k.
My typical watching routine is at night. I do watch it at day-times. I have been used to the less brightness of plasma.

For my current TV , i sit around 8 - 10 feet from the TV. What is the approximate best price i can get for 65 incher B9 / C9.

Most of my viewing in the night. I do watch movies at times with family. The living room isnt that big , its just 16 x 10 / 12 ish.

I sit about 8 - 10 feet from the current TV.

8-10 feet, 65 inch is ideal tbh.

If you use subtitles, also check how the FALD of that model behaves with subtitles, especially in HDR.

Sony X950G is not good for dark room viewing. It is tempting to go bigger but would you enjoy the picture?
Watch this video- not to dissuade but for you to make an informed decision.

Sony X950G AVForums review
I definitely would agree with your statement. Bigger is better , but is the PQ as near as the OLED ?. Thats the answer i am searching for

If the X950 users can post of their dark room as well bright room pics , would be more helpful to make a decision

Go for 65 inch. I started my hunt with a 55 inch and didn’t even dream of 65 inch. Within 3 days of audition when I was about to book a 55 inch oled I felt the size was small and not big enough. Within just 3 days of time I got used to the 55 inch and it felt small and that to just rough showroom demos. Been 5 months and 65 even though I got used and doesn’t feel big now but doesn’t feel small as well and feels standard in size. Since majority of your viewing is movies and tv show please go for a 65 inch
Yes , we tend to get used with the sizes. I agree more on that. But I should be searching for good deals for the 65 incher.

I think the deciding factor would be viewing angles. How wide is the room and do you watch the tv straight? Coming from Plasma, OLED contrast would suit you better.
My room is around 16 x 10/12 ish . I sit around 8 - 10 feet and I mostly sit direct in front of the tv. So i am not worried about the viewing angles.

IMHO If you are going to watch a lot in brightly lit living room during day time, avoid OLED which is not as bright as LED TV. I did side by side comparison in showroom with brightness adjustment set at par, it makes a lot of difference. If it is mostly for dark room home theatre of kind of watching, OLED is the king. This is apart from your take on burn-in issue.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back