55 inch TV under 1 lakh: Looking for best PQ

anoopvk268

Hello All,

This is going to be my first TV. Not able to make a decision yet. Looking for the best PQ. Sound is not important as i have a decent 5.1 setup.
Looked at Sony 9000h , Samsung frame . And saw some posts about thoshiba u8080, Not sure if will be able to get a demo of it in bangalore.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Is it possible to get any 2019 models now in bangalore? Something like Samsung q70R, or Sony 950G
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
If PQ is the priority, spend some time and effort to check if any Sony 55-9500G are available in Blre. You will not regret it.

Any one can comment on the long term reliability of Thoshiba TV's? like the look of u79 model . I believe its the same as hisense H8F?

Any one can comment on the long term reliability of Thoshiba TV's? like the look of u79 model . I believe its the same as hisense H8F?
Toshiba sold their TV division to HiSense a few years back. Japenese Toshiba TV's of old had v good reputation so now it's just more rebranded chinese cr@p flooding onto the market.

If you want to buy a well designed TV look at Samsung.

There is a reason why it and other chinese made products are inexpensive.

It's a delibrate strategy known as dumping with a long term ambition to capture majority market share and kill off competition.
Nah, Samsung prices this year are just nonsense (except the frame). There's no way you'd buy a Samsung even if you're only considering the big brands. Their midrange FALD sets (not even the top ones) are more expensive than LG OLEDs.

Samsung's 2020 lineup is actually worse than their 2019 lineup (Q90T succeeds Q80R, Q80T succeeds Q70R,....). And there's no replacement for the excellent Q90R from last year since no one was buying their 8K sets with Q90R available. You must be especially stupid or a blind Samsung fanboy to buy a 2020 Samsung TV other than the Frame.

Regarding the pricing of Hisense TVs in India, it's actually much higher than in the US. This is not even close to dumping, it's just that other manufacturers are just pushing garbage in India since there are no real TV reviewers in India. I'd call it dumping when there is real competition and prices go to half what they are currently. TVs of the calibre of Toshiba U79(Hisense H8 series) routinely go on sale in the US for $300 during festival season. That's the price they should come down to for calling it dumping.

Dumping is what Xiaomi and BBK did to the smartphone market in India 2-3 years ago. Prices went really, really low compared to global pricing and they killed the Indian competition. Nothing even remotely like that is happening in the TV landscape. I'd love for it to happen though, and I'll personally buy multiple sets for each of my rooms(including the bathroom) if that happens.

Nah, Samsung prices this year are just nonsense (except the frame). There's no way you'd buy a Samsung even if you're only considering the big brands. Their midrange FALD sets (not even the top ones) are more expensive than LG OLEDs.

Samsung's 2020 lineup is actually worse than their 2019 lineup (Q90T succeeds Q80R, Q80T succeeds Q70R,....). And there's no replacement for the excellent Q90R from last year since no one was buying their 8K sets with Q90R available. You must be especially stupid or a blind Samsung fanboy to buy a 2020 Samsung TV other than the Frame.

Regarding the pricing of Hisense TVs in India, it's actually much higher than in the US. This is not even close to dumping, it's just that other manufacturers are just pushing garbage in India since there are no real TV reviewers in India. I'd call it dumping when there is real competition and prices go to half what they are currently. TVs of the calibre of Toshiba U79(Hisense H8 series) routinely go on sale in the US for $300 during festival season. That's the price they should come down to for calling it dumping.

Dumping is what Xiaomi and BBK did to the smartphone market in India 2-3 years ago. Prices went really, really low compared to global pricing and they killed the Indian competition. Nothing even remotely like that is happening in the TV landscape. I'd love for it to happen though, and I'll personally buy multiple sets for each of my rooms(including the bathroom) if that happens.
LG OLED's are excellent and worth buying. However I decided to get a Samsung Q95T because I didn't want to worry about burn-in and its better for rooms which are very bright like mine. I managed to buy it at a price on par with the UK price during Diwali time. I'm am over the moon with it. It's quite exceptional, HDR content especially. Suits my needs perfectly. Check out Vincent Teoh's review. This particular Samsung model has a massive following in both the UK and US.

Well Xiaomi started selling TV's in India last year and BKK this year with Oneplus, add TCL, HiSense and all the rebranded ones to the mix and I can see history repeating itself. Chinese know they can capture a price conscious market like India with TV's as they have already done so with Smartphones.

Last edited:
There is a reason why it and other chinese made products are inexpensive.

It's a delibrate strategy known as dumping with a long term ambition to capture majority market share and kill off competition.
Whatever it is, if it performs better than scrap sold by bigger brands it’s all that matters to the consumers.

I won't comment on your TV purchase. But I was of the impression that Q95T 65" costs around 3.5 lakhs in India. So even if I care about burn-in, I can get an LG OLED 65" for 1.7 lakhs, burn it in 3 years, sell for 60k or so, and still get a much better TV than Q95T 3 years down the line with the leftover (+ interest).

Not sure what price you got it at though.
Well Xiaomi started selling TV's in India last year and BKK this year with Oneplus, add TCL, HiSense and all the rebranded ones to the mix and I can see history repeating itself. Chinese know they can capture a price conscious market like India with TV's as they have already done so with Smartphones.
If they actually manage to bring quality stuff to India like in smartphones, maybe. As of now, they are selling junk in India which isn't worth buying. They do sell good TVs in China (like Xiaomi with the Mi master, Hisense with their dual cell TV...) but those aren't sold in India.

Besides, what's the competition in India lol? There's no Indian brand to kill in India. Top brands like Sony and LG will continue selling at the top-end of the market. And let me assure you that Xiaomi and Hisense won't be selling comparable hardware to OLEDs in the foreseeable future.

Yeah India should get a brand of her own world wide popular atleast in the future. We have everything with us brains, venture capital, good reputation and what not. But we are not global leaders in any electronic products. We found and forged brass centuries before the western world found it, we had civilisations when they were chasing after wild boars as hunters gatherers. So just putting a few pieces together and getting one product world wide in demand can help us a lot. If other Asian tigers like Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan can shine so can we.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back