55 inch TV under 1 lakh: Looking for best PQ

HDR10+ is cheaper to get licence than Dolby vision for manufacturers. But it is more sought after by consumers even if both have metadata.

LG OLED's are excellent and worth buying. However I decided to get a Samsung Q95T because I didn't want to worry about burn-in and its better for rooms which are very bright like mine. I managed to buy it at a price on par with the UK price during Diwali time. I'm am over the moon with it. It's quite exceptional, HDR content especially. Suits my needs perfectly. Check out Vincent Teoh's review. This particular Samsung model has a massive following in both the UK and US.

Well Xiaomi started selling TV's in India last year and BKK this year with Oneplus, add TCL, HiSense and all the rebranded ones to the mix and I can see history repeating itself. Chinese know they can capture a price conscious market like India with TV's as they have already done so with Smartphones.
Isn’t Samsung made in China now ?

Samsung are pulling out of China fast. India is in-fact happens to be one of the countries where they have made big investments. They are going move their Mobile Display plant to Nodia from China: link

Here is a picture of the TV I purchased MADE IN VIETNAM :)

View attachment 53025
Is the QC better in Malaysia , Vietnam, Korea compared to China? I think no. I think globally things are made without durability in mind. As I type this, my brother said his Samsung tv which was bought 2 1/2 years back for 60k has a failed Tcon board. And it’s out of production. This is the second above 50k tv that’s failed on us. As far as quality goes everything is bad. Get something which has decent quality and longest warranty. That’s my take. And Samsung Samsung “sticker” on the new TVs don’t scream any quality better than it’s equally priced of lower priced competitors .

Is the QC better in Malaysia , Vietnam, Korea compared to China? I think no. I think globally things are made without durability in mind. As I type this, my brother said his Samsung tv which was bought 2 1/2 years back for 60k has a failed Tcon board. And it’s out of production. This is the second above 50k tv that’s failed on us. As far as quality goes everything is bad. Get something which has decent quality and longest warranty. That’s my take. And Samsung Samsung “sticker” on the new TVs don’t scream any quality better than it’s equally priced of lower priced competitors .

I can sympathise with you for sure. Seems as if everything made these days is made with planned obsolesce in mind. I've had countless products fail on me shortly after the warranty runs out. In Europe they use to have law where manufacturers had to provide parts for at least 5 years not sure if that's still the case now. Most of the stuff that people buy and then die's ends up in landfills which is a very sad situation.

Before buying this new TV I had a BPL 55" which died after 1 year 8 months. It's only after I bought it that I realised that I'd unwittingly bought a re-badged TCL TV. BPL Tel's no longer working so I assume they've gone bankrupt.

My previous experience with Samsung and Sony TV's has been good they lasted many years but that was a while back. Have to wait and see how this new one fares, fingers crossed :eek:.

Last edited:
I can sympathise with you for sure. Seems as if everything made these days is made with planned obsolesce in mind. I've had countless products fail on me shortly after the warranty runs out. In Europe they use to have law where manufacturers had to provide parts for at least 5 years not sure if that's still the case now. Most of the stuff that people buy and then die's ends up in landfills which is a very sad situation.

Before buying this new TV I had a BPL 55" which died after 1 year 8 months. It's only after I bought it that I realised that I'd unwittingly bought a re-badged TCL TV. BPL Tel's no longer working so I assume they've gone bankrupt.

My previous experience with Samsung and Sony TV's has been good they lasted many years but that was a while back. Have to wait and see how this new one fares, fingers crossed :eek:.
Sony has failed me. Not sure why but atleast the warranty will cover it I hope.

Back