6" Bookshelf speakers build

Aniket

Hi,

I had a pair of these Blaupunkt - VC 652 Velocity - 6 Inch 2-Way Component System (320 W) [Pair of Speakers]: Buy Blaupunkt - VC 652 Velocity - 6 Inch 2-Way Component System (320 W) [Pair of Speakers] Online at Low Price in India on Snapdeal lying around for quite some time. I actually bought these for my car. But, somehow I didn't installed them in car, kept the system stock for not to void the extended warranty.
I thought why not build a bookshelf pair using these. Although they dont provide the T-S parameters in the manual, what i only got was the freq response (35-25000Hz), but still I wanted to give them a try.
This was just a hit and trial, i made boxes with dimensions 10"x15"x10", pretty big for 6 inchers. Some pics:

IMG_3658_zpsgvkove2z.jpg~original

IMG_3657_zpsnogoqpwq.jpg~original

IMG_3656_zpsfhbwteju.jpg~original

IMG_3654_zpslmsggetp.jpg~original

IMG_3659_zps1pwkhnqv.jpg~original

IMG_3660_zpsikfqa1jv.jpg~original

To my surprise, they sound really terrific, they really go down to 35Hz, good speakers from Blaupunkt. I just gave these a try, and they performed really well. For the looks, this was my first paintjob:D

Hi Aniket,

They look really very nice, I am also planning to built bookshelf with these speakers.

Is the Enclosure Vented or Sealed? How do they Sound, Hows the Bass Response, I know they Perform too good between Mid and High range but no idea of Bass.. Wanna know your opinion on Bass.

Sadik

Hi Aniket,

They look really very nice, I am also planning to built bookshelf with these speakers.

Is the Enclosure Vented or Sealed? How do they Sound, Hows the Bass Response, I know they Perform too good between Mid and High range but no idea of Bass.. Wanna know your opinion on Bass.

Sadik

Hello Sadik,

the enclosure is ported, with a 2" wide and 6" deep port in the rear. Yes they are very good in mids & highs, the tweeter is silk dome i think but not sure, for bass very honestly I would say that they are no bad at all, they really go low, 35Hz is pretty good for a 6" driver in a normal ported box, i wonder how would they perform in a T-Line enclosure, but the only thing of concern is their excursion, it's not mentioned in the manual, maybe ~2.5-3mm the rubber surround is not that wide, also their impedance is 3 ohms, power rated at 80W. To sum up, they sound really good, very balanced and look good too. and at 3200INR they are great value.

Regards,
Aniket

Great job aniket,but box building with measured or t/s parameters would have
been better.

Anyway giving it a try was better option then keeping them ideal,driver hole with the use of jigsaw has come out very nicely.

rajesh.

Good job Aniket. I had done a similar bookshelf with Morel Hybrid Ovation series 2-way components. I had however gone for a ported enclosure tuned to 27hz....it sounded damn good.

What finish did you use?

Hello Ketan,

I used asian paints matte black paint, with a roller. before paint i did 2 coats of wooden primer after filling and sanding.

Good job Aniket. I had done a similar bookshelf with Morel Hybrid Ovation series 2-way components. I had however gone for a ported enclosure tuned to 27hz....it sounded damn good.

Thanks Kannan,
these are also ported, ports are on the rear.

Hello Ketan,

I used asian paints matte black paint, with a roller. before paint i did 2 coats of wooden primer after filling and sanding.

Thanks Kannan,
these are also ported, ports are on the rear.

I am amazed by the finish. The paint doesnt look matte though. It has curned out to be very smooth. Try using car polish on it. I think it might improve further.

I would like to know what was the cutout size for woofer and tweeter because I have ordered the same model but I cant find the cutout size

I would like to know what was the cutout size for woofer and tweeter because I have ordered the same model but I cant find the cutout size

the cutout diameter you can measure easily. I currently don't have these with me. you can search over the net for their user manual.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back