6 year old Denon X520BT conking off repeatedly, time to move on?

abhi0202

Hi all, I have a Denon X520BT AVR paired to Polk Audio T30 center channel speaker and JBL Cinema 510 Sub Woofer and satellite speakers. Its a basic set up which has been serving me well for the past 6 years but over the last year my AVR has conked off twice which I got repaired and have spent about 10K on it already. And now its conked off for the third time which has made me think if its worth it to get it repaired again. Moreover, it doesn't support ARC and till now I was using optical to connect it to my TV but unfortunately even that option is not there anymore since the port in my TV has stopped working. Therefore the only way I can use my set up now( I think) is either thru a gaming console or if I use a fire stick.

Now, to be honest, it's too much of an effort to get the set-up up and running again, is it time for me to give up on the AVR? Should I go for a new/ pre owned AVR or can the entire system and replace with a decent 5.1 soundbar? I am not in a position yo spend more than 50K to get back to watching movies with decent sorround sound.

Absolutely. Time to upgrade for sure. List out your inputs and outputs, number of channels needed, auto setup variant,etc. Just make sure the receiver's amp that can do close to 100w at 8ohms, 20-20k Freq range.

MaSh

Hi all, I have a Denon X520BT AVR paired to Polk Audio T30 center channel speaker and JBL Cinema 510 Sub Woofer and satellite speakers. Its a basic set up which has been serving me well for the past 6 years but over the last year my AVR has conked off twice which I got repaired and have spent about 10K on it already. And now its conked off for the third time which has made me think if its worth it to get it repaired again. Moreover, it doesn't support ARC and till now I was using optical to connect it to my TV but unfortunately even that option is not there anymore since the port in my TV has stopped working. Therefore the only way I can use my set up now( I think) is either thru a gaming console or if I use a fire stick.

Now, to be honest, it's too much of an effort to get the set-up up and running again, is it time for me to give up on the AVR? Should I go for a new/ pre owned AVR or can the entire system and replace with a decent 5.1 soundbar? I am not in a position yo spend more than 50K to get back to watching movies with decent sorround sound.

Time to let go and see available options within the stated budget.

After using a proper 5.1 system, I doubt 5.1 soundbar will do justice. See the pre owned market (our HFV classifieds / OLX), new AVRs costs a lot due to stock / global rates.

Look carefully for decent AVRs based on their features and your requirements and take the plunge...all the best!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back