60K Budget

Wharfedale diamond 10 .cs will help ?
Shall I go with 10.1 bookshelf and 10.cs ?

Yes the 10.1 is a very well made speaker for the price.
Using a matching centre channel like the 10.cs is preferred.

I'm not sure if it was you or Mayank that mentioned wanting to use floorstanders. I recommended using bookshelf speakers and here is why. Sound when reproduced from floorstanders usually adds a bass or lower frequency that is usually flabby or boomy at this price point. The drivers location near the floor introduce floor bounce etc which results in a sound that is compromised. The bass eats into your mids and highs.

Using a good bookshelf will reproduce the mid to highs very well. You will be surprised how much of the sound will be covered by a bookshelf. Leave the bass to a subwoofer. Set your crossover to send anything below 120Hz to 80Hz - depending on your sound preference - to the sub woofer.

Last edited:
Thanks for giving your time
Which will be best
10.2 &10 CM
Or
220BS & 220C
Along with package subwoofer
Or Velodyne 12 impact

Onkyo HT R590
It's a HTIB 5400 package
Velodyne Impact 12 Subwoofer is now in offer price for 22k,will this go fine with onkyo
My problem -vocal is not good when watching blu ray disc(player sony s590) though I use original blu Ray disc
Thanks for you suggestions
Velodyne Impact 12 for 22K?? Where are you getting this price?

Thanks for giving your time
Which will be best
10.2 &10 CM
Or
220BS & 220C
Along with package subwoofer
Or Velodyne 12 impact

The 10.2 is the smart buy. Being an older model you should negotiate for a good price. The 220 series is the new series. Newer does not mean better. The 10 series is really well known and you can get good reviews all around. Try and demo them to hear both and see which you prefer.

Velodynes subs are the better in terms of reputation.

Here's another tip: When in doubt always go with the product with the better resale value. It is quite possible that some time down the road you will want to move up the chain. An item with the better resale value will help.

Hello All,

Cant wait to come back and start auditioning. But looks like my budget is not going to cut it.

Audio People - Chennai are offering Monitor Audio entry level 5.1 package for around 52k. But cannot stretch by another 30-40 k for an AVR :sad:. + cables :sad::sad:.

Will have to settle for Sonodyne Sonus 2605 V3 (35 on the mart). ProFx quoting 36,490/ for Yamaha A-S500. Already 11k over + cables.....:sad: not including a sub....:sad::sad::sad:

FM's your valuable suggestions please.

Thanks and regards
Mayank

I am owner of Monitor audio MR4. doesnt perform good sound with AVR. You need to atelast an AMP for music.

Hello all,

Many thanks for all your inputs. After a long time, I finally picked up a NAD 356 with DAC module and Polk RTi A7. Never been more happy with the sound. They are a great combo for me. I have been travelling hectically since I got them and haven't even played them for more than 20 hours yet. As fate would have it now I am on the verge of going abroad for a few years so maybe.....maybe I will have to sell them. But till then hope to enjoy with my limited time off. Once again thanks to all.

Hello Mayank,

I have been a very happy owner of an Onkyo TX 8050 for 4 years now.

I am looking for a stereo amp, "upgrading" from Denon AVR 1611 which has gone kaput.
The speakers are Wharf 10.1.
My question is how does Onkyo 8050 compare in SQ with the likes of Marantz 6005 or NAD 326/356?
Primary source will be FLAC/320kbps mp3.

Hi anuragn,

There are quite a bit of FMs here who use Onkyo and there are some who use Marantz...I guess both would have their pros and cons...least you could do is check the specs and try to do an apple to apple comparison.....

I am a Marantz user and felt it is more musical with punch etc....it is good also for movies....

Audition as much as you can and decide....If your budget is low, you can consider purchasing pre owned Amps.... or even look at high end AVRs which can be used a dedicated music purpose (Bridge Mode / Speakers A+B Mode).......check Hi Fi Ads or For Sale by Owner Section.....

Since you are from Mumbai, there is a Mumbai seller on hi fi ads selling a SR 5008 which would blend well for your speakers....the AVR has a very good review and high reputation as one of the best audiophile designed equipment's..all the best!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back