63,000.00 MSB DAC for the Select few..

Denom,

I only think it would be fair that you should have mentioned in your 1st Post itself that your Close Friend / associate sells MSB DACs in India. ;)

Also the Higher price mentioned by you ( and clarified by Prem) would make it even more comfortable to sell in India.... even after a 'generous' discount :D

Denon said:

Denon, I think my post is Explicit in what I want to say.....

Scatman has a problem with Denom making money :eek:hyeah:

ESP said:
Scatman has a problem with Denom making money

Actually ESP, I - IndianEars have a problem with 'Guerrilla Promotions' :D:eek:hyeah:..... by Dave / Denom n others of such clans. :D:D:D

.... and ESP ... you are from Hong Kong ??? LOL ! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
denom's friend who sells MSB in India should be able to provide its full Atomic composition :D:D:D:D

.... Maybe thru Denon ?? :rolleyes:

Or will it come from Hong Kong :D:D:D

:yahoo:

ESP said:

Actually ESP, I - IndianEars have a problem with 'Guerrilla Promotions' :D:eek:hyeah:..... by Dave / Denom n others of such clans. :D:D:D

.... and ESP ... you are from Hong Kong ??? LOL ! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

denom's friend who sells MSB in India should be able to provide its full Atomic composition :D:D:D:D

.... Maybe thru Denon ?? :rolleyes:

Or will it come from Hong Kong :D:D:D

:yahoo:

Why not say Dinyar Contractor has a problem instead of hiding behind indianears/ampnut handles???

Satellite & Cable TV Magazine biz not keeping you busy enough Dinyar???
:rolleyes:

Why not say Dinyar Contractor has a problem instead of hiding behind indianears/ampnut handles???

Satellite & Cable TV Magazine biz not keeping you busy enough Dinyar???
:rolleyes:

1 member having 2 handles?? Indian ears and Ampnut is same ? Is this allowed?

Ah Hemant, ..... the beer got to you ???:p :eek:

Let me clarify:

1. Use of Forum specific Identities is not wrong.... in fact its the DONE THING, and different names adds a bit of fun twist.

More than 50% ( ? ) of users on this forum too, use "handles"

I am NOT "hiding" .... LOL ! :p infact I have Always openly declared my Id in personal messages & informal chats, and have never masqueraded as someone I am not, or hidden my location as Timbuctoo :eek:hyeah: or taken on a South Indian Forum name, with a suppressed / false location.

2. I used the Amp_Nut id in the past but abandoned that Id when a post appeared in my name that i did not make ( my Amp_Nut Id was hacked .... wonder who would want to do that ??? !!! :rolleyes: )

I openly declared that I had abandoned Amp_Nut and would now be posting as Indianears.

I have not operated Amp Nut in Eons .....:indifferent14:

3. Ofcourse I am Dinyar Contractor, I openly say that and have no problem what so ever with my real name, and Id which I have always declared in all my personal interactions, including the Mumbai audiophiles' Vashi meet last year. So what is the issue ???? :confused:

Sure I run Satellite & Cable TV Magazine, that has NOTHING to do with being an Audiophile. Hence, I do not flag-wave it here. What is your problem with that ?:confused:

This is quite unlike atleast 1 commercial member on this forum, who masquerades under a "Non Commercial" Id, and has his posts and marketing pushed surreptitiously by one or more "Obedient" members. :rolleyes::eek:hyeah:

If you have any more questions about me or my activities, do ask. I am an open book..... Always have been. That is the way i function, and that is why I find under-handed promotions / 'Guerrilla Promotions':D distasteful.

You know, it would be Great if this forum... like many other International forums, would post the IP of the poster, along with each of the forum posts. That would show up multiple Id posts, and posts from Timbuctoo ! :D

So Denom / you 'discovering' that I am 'scatman' ( as you have put it ! ) is hardly a secret. the only reason I have not mentioned it on this forum is that its just not relevant to my posts, here.

Now Denon:

Can you honestly clarify:

1. Are you not a friend dealer / distributor ( or whatever) who imports & sells MSB DACs in India ?

2. Have you ever received financial gain from promoting his or other Hi Fi products in India ?

:cheers: ( this is my Own beer !) :D

3. Ofcourse I am Dinyar Contractor, I openly say that and have no problem what so ever with my real name, and Id which I have always declared in all my personal interactions, including the Mumbai audiophiles' Vashi meet last year. So what is the issue ???? :confused:

Sure I run Satellite & Cable TV Magazine, that has NOTHING to do with being an Audiophile. Hence, I do not flag-wave it here. What is your problem with that ?:confused:

Yes, you are Dinyar Contractor, but earlier you always refrained me from posting your name & said you want me to call you by your handle only, so now why this sudden twist??? :rolleyes:

As far as your biz is concerned, exactly my point here being why are you after me & calling me guerilla promoter, doing under handed promotions & such ????? What is your problem with that???? Why this holier than thou attitude from a person who is not exactly bathed under milk himself??? :cool:

This is quite unlike atleast 1 commercial member on this forum, who masquerades under a "Non Commercial" Id, and has his posts and marketing pushed surreptitiously by one or more "Obedient" members. :rolleyes::eek:hyeah:

If you have any more questions about me or my activities, do ask. I am an open book..... Always have been. That is the way i function, and that is why I find under-handed promotions / 'Guerrilla Promotions':D distasteful.

You know, it would be Great if this forum... like many other International forums, would post the IP of the poster, along with each of the forum posts. That would show up multiple Id posts, and posts from Timbuctoo ! :D

Again, why can't you just plain speak what you intend to instead of going round the bush???? I ain't interested to know anything about you, but you for 1 most certainly are wanting to know everything about me, why???

If on this forum, talking about gear is frowned upon, why join this forum at all???? You may certainly ignore it & thats the end of it, why are you taking it so personally, lest you also have some ulterior motive to it :cool:

Regarding IP & such, go ahead do all the possible investigations, knock your self out, since you are the moral high priest, go ahead & make my day!!!

So Denom / you 'discovering' that I am 'scatman' ( as you have put it ! ) is hardly a secret. the only reason I have not mentioned it on this forum is that its just not relevant to my posts, here.

Where did I say so??? If you think I posted via another ID, then pls, moral high priest, prove it rather than just accuse without concrete proof !!!

Now Denon:

Can you honestly clarify:

1. Are you not a friend dealer / distributor ( or whatever) who imports & sells MSB DACs in India ?

2. Have you ever received financial gain from promoting his or other Hi Fi products in India ?

:cheers: ( this is my Own beer !) :D

Firstly, why should I clarify anything to you???? Are you owning this forum??? Are you a mod on this forum??? If the answers are NO then what gives you the right to demand answers & post such vile accusations on me????

Sadly, your mentality reflects really poorly on you. You just intend to run me down & show me in poor light publicly, for reasons known to you alone.

Anyway, carry on, as you are directly 'helping' this thread to remain in view & that the MSB DAC will be selling & all concerned will be profiting from this.

Enjoy you beer by yourself, clearly you do not deserve any company.

Interesting to note that MSB are also part of the Munich High End Show, showcasing their wares :D

Pics, courtesy Mr. Leo Yeh

IMG_3742ss.jpg

IMG_3745ss.jpg

ESP said:

Actually ESP, I - IndianEars have a problem with 'Guerrilla Promotions' :D:eek:hyeah:..... by Dave / Denom n others of such clans.

I was concerned earlier , now I learnt to ignore that. Anyways , all the views not favoring the product of interest will be selectively deleted , so what is the point . it is not as open as you think

Being a end user I ain,t got nothingt to loose.

all the views not favoring the product of interest will be selectively deleted

Well, here's a test case for you...

Back to the DAC!

They are offering ten years of updates included in the cost. I wonder how much they factored in for that? I wonder if and when and how many updates there would be? I think also that a person would have to be already loyal and dedicated to the brand before they would even consider this lock-in, so they must have a target fan base.

In short, I suspect that it is lousy value for money, unless one is already in love with MSB. And, err, rich of course. Whatever it sounds like.

So, I'll still be taking six of the Lavrys --- especially the new one, though I may have to limit it to just four or five, as price to be announced. They may not look better (they don't) but I'd bet a blue jeans cable that they sound as good, and I'll save the audiophile-looks premium.

<brr brr, brr brr> ...Hello, Mr Lavry?

Yes, I made the post; you'll send the cheque, right? OK. <click>

<brr brr, brr brr> ...Hello, Blue Jeans Marketing? Yes, I got your name on the internet again...

Just A Joke! :cool:

But Seriously...

I hate all this "No connection with the seller, just a customer" stuff that people sometimes feel obliged to put on their enthusiastic posts. All I can say is I never thought there was, and, where we may come to suspect that somebody is selling stuff or helping somebody else to sell, just factor it in when weighing up that post.

It's not just here. I see it on other forums too. Had a lovely cup of tea this morning. Disclaimer, I am not involved with Metro water, Tata Tea, Amul milk, or any of the sugar suppliers, I'm just a happy customer.... Gets a bit silly, no?

I'm not entering inot any discussion on this, and certainly not getting in between any other members. Just having a rant tinged with humour. If the moderators want to delete it, that's fine with me, but I'd be happy if they leave my serious comments about the DAC and its possible alternatives.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back