63,000.00 MSB DAC for the Select few..

More realistically, would love to listen to the msb analog DAC.

BTW msb is serious tech not some poser like many other high end brands with shiny boxes and little else.

I had a MSB in the 90s. A mid level dac. It blew up in 3 days. MSB refused to service it. Since then I had sworn I would never buy their product again. Apparently they have had a lot of reliability problems over the years.

:lol: good one Prem.

Lets opt for a HFV group buy :p:eek::mad:;):indifferent14::sad::cool::rolleyes:

Hi Denom

After my experience with MSB I am not willing to shell out more than USD 5 for their products, however good they maybe.

On a more serious note, I hope they have sorted out their reliability issues. Their products are good but it's pointless buying them if they are unreliable. Added to it their customer service sucks

Hi Denom

After my experience with MSB I am not willing to shell out more than USD 5 for their products, however good they maybe.

On a more serious note, I hope they have sorted out their reliability issues. Their products are good but it's pointless buying them if they are unreliable. Added to it their customer service sucks

Ouch! Thanks for the pointer. Shall stay far far away. I did read elsewhere that it runs quite hot.

BTW msb is serious tech not some poser like many other high end brands with shiny boxes and little else.

I did rather expect solid titanium milling, with silly pointy-spike feet --- and no, from the photo in the link, this is nothing like that at all. It looks designed for work, not wealth-show-off.

But, even accepting what you say, that this is a serious piece of audio engineering, there is a context I would like to place it in: What would the cost be of serious, non-bling, top-of-the-line studio DAC (and ADC)?

I don't know the answer, but would probably be very happy with a basketful of these

(actually now obsolete, but the new Quintessence Gold is on the way)

<Crossposted with Prem's experiences>

...shall stay far far away...

You have the choice? Lucky Man! :D :lol: :)

~

Last edited:
Hi Thad

Top of the line studio dac which does 10 more things as compared to a home dac will cost about USD 20-30000. Examples would be Prism, Weiss and the like

I'll take three, then :lol:

But, for fair comparison, we should look at a DAC, not one of the boxes which is brimming over with stuff like mic pre-amps.

If I could ever buy money-no-object, I'd look in that market --- although the pro connectivity would cause some problems, but nothing one could not afford to overcome if one was buying the box!

Completely transparent at all sample rates would be the aim. If that is achieved, then what could be better than that? prettier, certainly, but better?

The prism sound dream da-2 which is their best DAC was 8000 USD retail a couple of years ago. Might be more now.

Another studio DAC - meitner ma-1 is 8000 USD. The higher end emm labs is way more.

The Lavry DA11 is more realistically on my interest list --- but I don't think I would like the volume control. I'm wondering how to say that I like a nice, smooth knob, without it sounding all wrong!

Denom,

I only think it would be fair that you should have mentioned in your 1st Post itself that your Close Friend / associate sells MSB DACs in India. ;)

Also the Higher price mentioned by you ( and clarified by Prem) would make it even more comfortable to sell in India.... even after a 'generous' discount :D

Denom,

I only think it would be fair that you should have mentioned in your 1st Post itself that your Close Friend / associate sells MSB DACs in India. ;)

Also the Higher price mentioned by you ( and clarified by Prem) would make it even more comfortable to sell in India.... even after a 'generous' discount :D

:confused: Where did this curve ball come from???

Seriously, am just stumped by your accusation. Instead of beating round the bush, why not come clean & say what you intend to say???

I have one of the cheaper and older MSB products.

few comments - it's a small operation, you need to follow up to get stuff resolved.

the build quality of the product is outstanding. always cough up for their dedicated power supplies, the standard supplies are less than reliable.

the product delivers exactly what's expected, without drama and fuss. (very rare)

If I had the money, I'd buy the MSB stack in a heartbeat.

I had a msb link dac and psu unit in the mid 90' s. Never had any problems and loved the dac, actually my first serious dac really. In fact before my ayon skylla 2, I had considered their newer offerings, but pricing in India was nuts as usual.
Cheers,
Sid

Originally Posted by IndianEars View Post
Denom,

I only think it would be fair that you should have mentioned in your 1st Post itself that your Close Friend / associate sells MSB DACs in India.

Also the Higher price mentioned by you ( and clarified by Prem) would make it even more comfortable to sell in India.... even after a 'generous' discount

Denon said:
Seriously, am just stumped by your accusation. Instead of beating round the bush, why not come clean & say what you intend to say???

Denon, I think my post is Explicit in what I want to say.....

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back