65 C8 OLED to Sony 75X9500G ?

I mean LG 4K 65 IPS was my first 4K TV and didn’t notice anything then plus I had never known what blooming was at the time, I upgraded to OLED , now if I downgrade I may see it since I know what it is, can’t say.
You said Samsung favours black crush as in avoiding it by having blooming or having it?

I think I’ll wait it out.Maybe next year or year after. But its the wait . Lets see. You can’t have everything unless you have an 8 figure salary :p
It favors black crush over blooming. So it will crush blacks to avoid blooming.

And no, "want" has no limits. Even people with 8 figure salary long for things not in their range. It's an endless spiral.

Last edited:
I bought a 65 C8 last year before we had any good 75” FALD tv. Now I am perfectly satisfied with it but want to get a bigger size. Now I am getting a decent deal on it. The X9500G is a lakh cheaper than X9500H.

A proper upgrade would have been 77 OLED but that's hell expensive.

I just want to know if anyone has closely experienced both. Is it logical to switch to x9500 for the size after having used the OLED for over a year? I mean I don’t want to regret it.
any personal reviews on X9500?
Also trying for 75Q80 but that's even expensive.

or should I wait for 77 OLED prices to come down, I don’t know it would happen even in the next 2-3 years. They’ll just switch to 8K and the price would remain the same.

I haven't seen any dealers offering a 77" OLED in Bangalore. Even if they do, it will cost a fortune, at least 10L. Since you are coming from OLED, you eyes are trained for deeper black. So, switching to LCD based panel may disappoint you a bit since they can't match the black level of an OLED. But at the same time, the bright and vivid image of the LCD-based pannel will add another dimension to the viewing experience.

I wouldn't probably switch from OLED to LCD just for the sake of Size. If you still insist, then probably Q80R (Q90R better but 77" is hell expensive) will be the best logical choice considering its algorithm to minimize blooming (it crushes black).

It favors black crush over blooming. So it will crush blacks to avoid blooming.

And no, "want" has no limits. Even people with 8 figure salary long for things not in their range. It's an endless spiral.

Yes want has no limits. I want a 82” as of today but I can go max to 75”. The itch never stops. Don’t know if I get 75 today and OLED gets cheaper or say any new tech comes, I would want that but its not easy to replace/upgrade tvs as easy it is to upgrade mobile phones.

Its the cycle of want and wait . The more one waits the better tech and cheaper but one looses the time one could have enjoyed from it during the wait time.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back