65 Inch TV Suggestion Needed

pRosentR

I went to different stores and checked the picture quality of brands like Sony, LG and Samsung. While all of them have great picture quality playing 4K content, when it comes to upscaling FHD and SD content, I found LG and Samsung doing worst. Since most of the content is still in FHD and below, apart from 4K picture quality, I'm looking for a TV which upscales FHD and SD content well. I'm thinking of Sony 65X9500G. But it is almost 1.5 lakhs. Requesting experts to provide some good alternatives in 65 inch category. I would be mostly streaming content through YouTube, Prime, Hotstar, Sunnxt etc... My main requirements are picture quality and upscaling capabilities.

Are you looking for alternatives because 1.5lakhs is too much? It is difficult to give input without a budget.
Yes sir. I'm looking for alternatives to X9500G. Budget is around 1.2 lakhs.

What tv you have currently?
Check out philips tv in croma.

Only sony and philips upscale better than samsung and LG.
I have a Sony 32 inch LED TV. May I know the model of Philips TV please?

I am using Toshiba 65U7980 and I found it quite good when it comes to upscaling FullHD to 4K. Of course it might not be in your shortlist but just FYI. I did cost me 67K on Amazon.
Regarding Toshiba only concern is their after sales service. Otherwise, I was looking for U8080. Please let me know if you or someone else from this forum posted any review of 65U7980. Thank you.

I am using Toshiba 65U7980 and I found it quite good when it comes to upscaling FullHD to 4K. Of course it might not be in your shortlist but just FYI. I did cost me 67K on Amazon.

I went to different stores and checked the picture quality of brands like Sony, LG and Samsung. While all of them have great picture quality playing 4K content, when it comes to upscaling FHD and SD content, I found LG and Samsung doing worst. Since most of the content is still in FHD and below, apart from 4K picture quality, I'm looking for a TV which upscales FHD and SD content well. I'm thinking of Sony 65X9500G. But it is almost 1.5 lakhs. Requesting experts to provide some good alternatives in 65 inch category. I would be mostly streaming content through YouTube, Prime, Hotstar, Sunnxt etc... My main requirements are picture quality and upscaling capabilities.

What tv you have currently?
Check out philips tv in croma.

Only sony and philips upscale better than samsung and LG.

Regarding Toshiba only concern is their after sales service as we would be spending close to 1 lakh rupees. Otherwise, I was looking for U8080. Thank you.

I have a Sony 32 inch LED TV. May I know the model of Philips TV please?

This specifically if you are looking for upscaling, motion handling and generally better low quality content. HDR performance will be inferior to x9500 because of peak brightness.

If you want all round performance including HDR, there is only 9500.

And since you are upgrading from sony, others will look inferior for non 4k content.

Also look at
Sony 164cm (65 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV

If you dont want to breach 1.2L. If your current sony is already an IPS or if you dont see much tv in the night, this will be good enough.

Also look at
Sony 164cm (65 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV

If you dont want to breach 1.2L. If your current sony is already an IPS or if you dont see much tv in the night, this will be good enough.
This is a good one sir. I saw this. Only thing is no Full array and local dimming for higher contrast.

I myself looking for 9500g hardly any stocks left both amazon & flipkart show only 1 unit left n who knows wether its a brand new or demo unit so i guess sony has stopped production of 9500g ,checked croma reveiws online they have horrible complaints from poor customer care to non availability of products after buying online , i jad hoped sony would launch 9500h in lower sizes but so far no news on that im myself very much confused what to buy had hoped U8080 would be available on flipkart or amazon during sale period but highly doubt that now , i have a 2012 sony flagship 950a 46 inch so i cant compromise when it comes to pq rest of smart features dont matter much

I myself looking for 9500g hardly any stocks left both amazon & flipkart show only 1 unit left n who knows wether its a brand new or demo unit so i guess sony has stopped production of 9500g ,checked croma reveiws online they have horrible complaints from poor customer care to non availability of products after buying online , i jad hoped sony would launch 9500h in lower sizes but so far no news on that im myself very much confused what to buy had hoped U8080 would be available on flipkart or amazon during sale period but highly doubt that now , i have a 2012 sony flagship 950a 46 inch so i cant compromise when it comes to pq rest of smart features dont matter much
Yes, smart features are just an add-on. We can have firestick for that purpose. Main thing is picture quality and upscaling because at least for next 5 years I don't see much change in India in terms of producing content in 4K. Much of the movies, tv shows still continue to be produced in SD and FHD only.

Sony people are so greedy. Same X9500G in the US is around 1 lakh rupees. Here in India, we need to pay 1.5 lakhs. This is not fair from these big companies.

Che
Yes, smart features are just an add-on. We can have firestick for that purpose. Main thing is picture quality and upscaling because at least for next 5 years I don't see much change in India in terms of producing content in 4K. Much of the movies, tv shows still continue to be produced in SD and FHD only.

Sony people are so greedy. Same X9500G in the US is around 1 lakh rupees. Here in India, we need to pay 1.5 lakhs. This is not fair from these big companies.
Check the price of 9000h 65inch its under thousand dollars & 75inch is under 1500$ so much disparity is heart breaking for us

You can't compare US pricing with Indian. There's 28% GST on Indian price, plus import duty costs on components even if they do manufacture in India (5%). So even in the best-case scenario, Sony can only price it at 1.33 lakhs.

However, the biggest reason we Indians will not get goods at comparable prices as US for the foreseeable future is because of the purchasing power + consumerism there. Sony probably moves 100x the volume of these TVs in US than in India (I'm talking high-end ones). At those kinds of volumes, your inventory and other logistics costs get very low(per unit) and you can make comparable margins even with lower pricing, which will increase volume further.

On top of all of that, we have a bad nexus of middlemen in India, who all eat their fat margins. Most such goods are sold offline which due to low volumes have insane amounts of markups. There's the cost of running the showroom, the salesman's salaries, the extra margin for fooling the customer, the distributor's margin, and so on... Look at any successful businessman in India, there's a good chance he'll be a middleman and not a producer of any good.

The only way things get better, say 5 years down the line is for folks to start buying on online platforms, and Indian per capita income to increase rapidly. And we're actually doing pretty bad on that front thanks to the kind of divisive and vote bank politics is played here. India had 1.5x the per capita income of Bangladesh in 2014, and this year they're surpassing us.

You can't compare US pricing with Indian. There's 28% GST on Indian price, plus import duty costs on components even if they do manufacture in India (5%). So even in the best-case scenario, Sony can only price it at 1.33 lakhs.

However, the biggest reason we Indians will not get goods at comparable prices as US for the foreseeable future is because of the purchasing power + consumerism there. Sony probably moves 100x the volume of these TVs in US than in India (I'm talking high-end ones). At those kinds of volumes, your inventory and other logistics costs get very low(per unit) and you can make comparable margins even with lower pricing, which will increase volume further.

On top of all of that, we have a bad nexus of middlemen in India, who all eat their fat margins. Most such goods are sold offline which due to low volumes have insane amounts of markups. There's the cost of running the showroom, the salesman's salaries, the extra margin for fooling the customer, the distributor's margin, and so on... Look at any successful businessman in India, there's a good chance he'll be a middleman and not a producer of any good.

The only way things get better, say 5 years down the line is for folks to start buying on online platforms, and Indian per capita income to increase rapidly. And we're actually doing pretty bad on that front thanks to the kind of divisive and vote bank politics is played here. India had 1.5x the per capita income of Bangladesh in 2014, and this year they're surpassing us.
28% GST on TVs is just not correct. Our entire life going on in paying taxes only.

28% GST on TVs is just not correct. Our entire life going on in paying taxes only.
Sorry for the off-topic post:
Wait till you hear the tax on cars. You pay 28% GST, 22% sin tax(yeah, seriously) and then up to 20% of road tax on the car. And that's on a completely made in India car. God forbid if your car is imported, then be ready to pay close to 3x the price. Then if you move to another state, you need to pay the road tax again for that state, and the initial RTO doesn't give you that back unless you go through the lengthy procedure.

The taxation is seriously bad in India if you're an upper-middle-class salaried person. First, you pay 30% tax on income, then pay all these insane GSTs, sin taxes and import duties.

Yeah, that 28% sucks!! Even a basic two wheeler which is a necessity is also taxed at 28%!! Just look at these taxes our govt imposes on a car and on top of these taxes are double on fuel!! So if u earn 25l u first pay income tax like 5l, then u purchased a car of 17l, there all taxes are 6l and for life time u pay tax on fuel!!! So we r totally funding govt.!!

Attachments

• Kia-Seltos-Invoice.jpg
    Kia-Seltos-Invoice.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 25
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back