65" LG OLED vs Sony OLED

while I haven't done a side by side comparo between the A8H (older 2019 model which i checked out extensively) and the G1 OLED, and since our auditory and visual memory tends to be very fickle/inaccurate, at least in my case, it won't be correct of me to say that Sony's picture quality is better than the LG's. However, i did happen to do a side by side comparo of the A8H with the X95G on the showroom floor for the same size i.e. 65" and remember clearly how both me and my friend thought that while the X95G was outstanding on a standalone basis (owing to the higher brightness), the colour reproduction and overall PQ on 4k HDR videos (which did not push the brightness quotient of the screen) simply looked like it was in a class of its own. I ultimately went for the X95G because i wanted a more versatile panel (my G1s logo dimmer is aggressively dimming the entire panel as i type this post) with high brightness being the primary criterion. However, when viewing the G1 against the X95G, the differences are obvious but not as drastic when it comes to overall PQ.

But what really stands out is that while you need to go through a number of settings on the G1 before you get an ideal picture (i had to do a lot of that with my current as well as erstwhile TV sets including the LG G1, Mi 4X 65", Panasonic D400, Samsung 5 series), the out of box presets of Sony TVs are simply outstanding! I haven't changed a single picture setting of my 32" W800 in over 9 years as the preset which i have it on (can't remember exactly which and too comfy to walk down to the other room in Delhi winters) did not leave anything to be desired with inky blacks and perfectly natural colours with the right amount of saturation (to my eyes) and outstanding motion handling. The same is true for my X95G and the A8H that i'd tried on the showroom. In fact, the sole reason why i tinkered with the X95G on the showroom floor was to see whether i could get the colours and overall PQ to match the out-of-box settings of the A8H. I couldn't.

P.S.- i tried the same 4K HDR video i.e. a cutscene from Gemini Man on youtube on the G1, A8H and X95G except my erstwhile gear for obvious reasons.

P.P.S- i took a friend along who did not know any better about TVs since i thought i'd be biased. I found him concurring to the above.
X95G of Sony is a bright beast with the X1 ultimate processor. Did they say some Sony home automation is given free with that worth 25k? (Internet of things I guess)

X95G of Sony is a bright beast with the X1 ultimate processor. Did they say some Sony home automation is given free with that worth 25k? (Internet of things I guess)
Unfortunately, no offers. Being an older model and one of the last few units left anywhere, i simply thanked my lucky stars, haggled a bit and brought the price down further, took the 3 year extended warranty with the money saved, and made a hasty exit before somebody else could get their grubby paws on the unit!

Unfortunately, no offers. Being an older model and one of the last few units left anywhere, i simply thanked my lucky stars, haggled a bit and brought the price down further, took the 3 year extended warranty with the money saved, and made a hasty exit before somebody else could get their grubby paws on the unit!
During last year diwali, I auditioned this tv, was about to pull the trigger when Croma said stocks were over. (It was available in their Hyderabad and Kolkata warehouse but was sold out eventually before I could freeze it). They said some home automation software was given free with this worth 25k plus this had a price tag of Rs.1.5 lakhs which was a near OLED level masterpiece of a FALD for 75k lesser than an OLED 65". But this year we get LG A1 65" for about 30k more (1.8 lakhs) hard bargainable to Rs.1.6 lakhs to match that price range. But for last year 9500G was the best value for money 65" tv just for picture quality purpose.

The 9500 franchise have been extinct lately from Sony and 9000j has taken over. Bad decision by Sony.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back