65'' TV under 2 lakhs

neerajbisht

Hi,
I am looking for a 60 - 65'' tv.
Budget - 1.5 Lakh (extensible to 2 lakhs)
UHD is not needed.
Viewing distance would be 9 -10'.
Would be okay to downgrade to 55'' if the budget is a constraint.
I am looking at Samsung PS64F8500 which is a 2 year old model and is still priced pretty expensive at 1.9 lakhs. Are there any good options for a 65'' tv in this range?

no 3d in h7200, thats why i have not opted for it..u can consider 60h6400 samsung around same price.

I am not looking for 3d as I don't think it will be much used feature for my usecase.
60h6400 is a FHD tv. At the same price point I would prefer to get a UHD over a FHD just for the upscaling.

I recently got 50C300DX. if you are looking for picture quality, then the Samsung Plasma is the only answer. Even the recent LEDs cannot beat my Samsung 51E550 (dead, unfortunately).

Sharp was selling a 60" model for 1.2L.

9-10 feet is not best suitable for 65 inch. Go for 55 inch. Sony 900 series and Samsung curved is available around 1.5/1.8 lacs. Awesome TVs.

@pkr
Thanks. I was initially inclined towards plasma only. But reading around the forum I can see that there have been a lot of failures with plasma TVs compared to LEDs. So a bit suspicious about their longevity.

@bose
According to THX, the TV should cover 40 degrees angle of view for optimal viewing pleasure. So for 9 feet that would mean close to 90 inches. So ideally I should be getting as big a TV as my budget allows.
But I looked at some 55'' displays too and they look fine to me. So I am looking at Samsung 4k displays now.

Does anybody know availability of any 4k professional displays in India?

I saw a Sharp 60" (60LE635)with a Kerala dealer for 1.2L and 70LE635 with another one for ~2L.

@bose
According to THX, the TV should cover 40 degrees angle of view for optimal viewing pleasure. So for 9 feet that would mean close to 90 inches. So ideally I should be getting as big a TV as my budget allows.
But I looked at some 55'' displays too and they look fine to me. So I am looking at Samsung 4k displays now.

Does anybody know availability of any 4k professional displays in India?
Correct. a lot of opinions are just thrown around without actually experiencing it. I watch a 120" screen from a distance of 13 feet and absolutely love it.

How do you know the opinion was thrown without experiencing it?

You can surely watch a 120 inch screen even from a distance of 6 feet, so long as the content is up to it. If you are watching 240p youtube videos on a 120 inch screen from 13 feet you are a lucky fellow.

On a 65 inch screen sitting anything less than 10 feet away will be uncomfortable for anything but FHD content without much compression. That takes the fun away from most of Indian TV soaps. On the other hand, a 55 incher will be very watchable.

Hello neerajbisht,

I am also from Bangalore

Something relevant for you regarding the best ever plasma from Samsung, the 64F8500

Summary :
Samsung 64F8500 Plasma TV + Samsung Original Wall Brackets, available for Rs 1.6 lakh + transportation.

Background :
Just bought a couple of 64F8500s, 1 for Bangalore and 1 for Mumbai (I stay in Bangalore & visit family in Mumbai every month)

Got the Bangalore TV, Wall Mounted by Original Samsung Wall Brackets, Installed by Samsung Engineers, Enjoying AWESOME Picture Quality .

Received the Mumbai TV, Wanted to give a pleasant surprise to the wife. Got a rude shock instead, Wife had other plans for renovating that wall & such a big TV will not fit there. Hence I want this awesome TV to find another home where it will be better appreciated.

Do let me know if you or your friends is interested.

Extended Warranty could be had for a price, though I am yet to check how much.

Regards,

Biren

Hi,
I am looking for a 60 - 65'' tv.
Budget - 1.5 Lakh (extensible to 2 lakhs)
UHD is not needed.
Viewing distance would be 9 -10'.
Would be okay to downgrade to 55'' if the budget is a constraint.
I am looking at Samsung PS64F8500 which is a 2 year old model and is still priced pretty expensive at 1.9 lakhs. Are there any good options for a 65'' tv in this range?

While the quality of PS64F8500 is is no doubt, I have concerns over its longetivity. I am seeing a lot of failure reports here and on amazon.com for this TV.

How do you know the opinion was thrown without experiencing it?

You can surely watch a 120 inch screen even from a distance of 6 feet, so long as the content is up to it. If you are watching 240p youtube videos on a 120 inch screen from 13 feet you are a lucky fellow.

On a 65 inch screen sitting anything less than 10 feet away will be uncomfortable for anything but FHD content without much compression. That takes the fun away from most of Indian TV soaps. On the other hand, a 55 incher will be very watchable.
Some of my friends and especially the older folk have thrown around this opinion. Not sure why - sorry if you have experienced it and genuinely feel that way. But my experience has been that bigger the better and 65" is certainly not a very big screen for say 10 feet. I have watched dvds, downloaded material, what not on my PJ but still hold fast to the opinion that bigger is better. It may seem overkill for serials etc but certainly with today's DTH quality picture it is not a prob at all. But i guess this is individual preference like some people like to sit way back in the movie theater and some towards the front. I hate looking "at" a screen, instead i should be immersed in it with no peripheral vision - that is totally immersive experience.

Curved samsung is blowing the mind, iam now considering 55h8000 full hd curve and also 55hu7200 uhd tv.. why dont u check it out... they are amazing.. wish i had money for 65 inch curved...but curved tv reflected lot of lights than flat

55cx700d panasonic 4k at 1.5l.... buy it offf... i also selected this...looks great and affordable with 3d, than samsung...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back