7.2 AVR available in India

souvikjup

Hi Experts,

I am new to this forum & this is my first post. I to want build a 7.2 HT System.My plan is to buy products one by one as I can't afford to buy all the instruments in one shot. My current target is to by a good 7.2 AVR with in below 40K INR.
Please help me to choose the right device. My current location is Kolkata. Also it will be great help if you let me know the dealer information also.

Thanks in advance :):)

Last edited:
Hi Experts,

I am new to this forum & this is my first post. I want build a 7.2 HT System.My plan is to buy products one by one as I can't afford to buy all the instruments in one shot. My current target is to by a good 7.2 AVR with in below 40K INR.
Please help my choose the right device. My current location is Kolkata. Also it will be great help if you let me know the dealer information also.

Thanks in advance :):)

leave alone 7.2 even 5.2 avr is difficult to get under 40k.
only few models have 2 sub pre-out from factory and they are way above 40k if you plan to buy from india..

welcome to the forum:)

Thanks both of you. After lot of thinking I decided to buy a 5.1 AVR.
Can you please suggest me the in that range.

Hi

There are a lot of decent AVRs in the market with tons of features like AirPlay, Ipod connectivity, 4k pass thru etc etc..it all depends on your budget and requirements....

I would recommend Marantz, Cambridge Audio or NAD...would however suggest you to first go and audition as many systems you can and provide us a shortlisted details of the brands and models that appeal to you in terms of requirements and budget....am sure we can then refine that list...

Hi

There are a lot of decent AVRs in the market with tons of features like AirPlay, Ipod connectivity, 4k pass thru etc etc..it all depends on your budget and requirements....

I would recommend Marantz, Cambridge Audio or NAD...would however suggest you to first go and audition as many systems you can and provide us a shortlisted details of the brands and models that appeal to you in terms of requirements and budget....am sure we can then refine that list...

NAD will go outta budget and you forgot to mention the three mainstream big brands... DENON, YAMAHA and PIONEER

A few years back there were a general notion that Marantz is a bit more musical, Denon is a bit warm, Onkyo a bit punchy and Yamaha used to treat the middle ground. But over the last 3-4 series of AVRs (they tend to release a new series every year around Mar/Apr), these differences have started diluting as per the general user reviews coming out.

AVR comparison has always been a hotly debated topic bordering on controversial on most forums. What I would advice you to do is try and finalize based on the following

1a.. Features which are in the must-have list
1b. Features which are in the most wanted list
2. Your movies/music ratio - some AVRs are popular more for movies than music e.g. Onkyos have good punch for movies and Marantz are a bit more musically inclined but as I said these gaps have considerably reduced lately.
3. The budget - this is extremely important as each manufacturer would have almost all kind of features suitable for every price point
4. After sales service in your city and user feedback about the quality issues with their AVRs

You may not go wrong with most top manufacturer. The only thing left for you to do after you've selected a subset based on your requirement is to go and listen to all of them preferably with the same speaker set. If you're sonically inclined that would help you identify the sound signature of the AVR that you're enjoy the most.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back