8 Audio: Finally ridiculously cheap, high end cables?

It's international delivery...they're based in china, have a look at the ebay store for more details.

This threads about finding out their quality. Maybe you can go ahead and buy it and tell us :D :eek:hyeah:

hmmm.. OK.. for our forums sake:thumbsup: cuz I need a pair anyways D I guess I will go ahead and do it.. but about quality of cables and audiophilic expertise I have is zilsc, nada, bupkiss so need few more witnesses.. :D any who..... is ebay the only link to get em.. I am willing to buy and ship em to someone in US ... who ll come by july 2nd week.. so.. any other links please let me know please...:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Why not ship directly to India? Same price I think.

naah about 30% xtra me thinks eg: for Gold Plated HDMI shipping is 6$ for US and 9 $ for intrnational and I guess ... But I need more than 1 cable so I was planning on going for speaker cables+ SUb cable+HDMI Gold plated+ Toslink

Any suggestions:rolleyes: is the Gold coated HDMI really sensible.. also dint get to see if its a 1.4a or a 1.3.. again in dilemma :sad:

naah about 30% xtra me thinks eg: for Gold Plated HDMI shipping is 6$ for US and 9 $ for intrnational and I guess ... But I need more than 1 cable so I was planning on going for speaker cables+ SUb cable+HDMI Gold plated+ Toslink

Any suggestions:rolleyes: is the Gold coated HDMI really sensible.. also dint get to see if its a 1.4a or a 1.3.. again in dilemma :sad:

Below is the reply I got for enquiring about which of their cables are "warm". Everything is including shipping to India.

Hello, thank you for your reply. Please understand that we classify our cable according to the construction, workmanship and material.
I am not able to have the golden ear to distinguish the details some enthusiast can do. In our experience, it is a subjective matter that different client always have different feeling on them.

However, in term of quality, we recommend:
Reference Grade RCA Interconnection Cable our best price for 2 meter is USD90.00 per pair include shipping/handling charge
KB 16-Core Series Professional Audio Speaker Cable our best price for 3 meter is USD107.00 per pair include shipping/handling charge
Professional Audio Grade Flat Ribbon Speaker Cable our best price for 3 meter is USD77.00 per pair include shipping/handling charge

If you would like to buy for the above, please settle the amount to our PayPal email [email protected] and then we will arrange the shipment for you. Thank you.

Regards
Patrick
8audio

Below is the reply I got for enquiring about which of their cables are "warm". Everything is including shipping to India.

However, in term of quality, we recommend:
Reference Grade RCA Interconnection Cable our best price for 2 meter is USD90.00 per pair include shipping/handling charge
KB 16-Core Series Professional Audio Speaker Cable our best price for 3 meter is USD107.00 per pair include shipping/handling charge
Professional Audio Grade Flat Ribbon Speaker Cable our best price for 3 meter is USD77.00 per pair include shipping/handling charge

If you would like to buy for the above, please settle the amount to our PayPal email [email protected] and then we will arrange the shipment for you. Thank you.

Regards
Patrick
8audio

Yikes..!!!! almost the price of one of my floorstanders :D I guess I' ll pass am not that loaded now anyways :(

Last edited:
Gentlemen, a word of caution. Just because you use the letters 'VDH', or copy their looks does not mean you end up having the quality that van del Hul has.

Companies such as VDH, Nordost and others have spend quite a lot of money in R&D and choosing their raw material quite carefully. When they say 99% OFC, you can be sure it will be 99%.

Sometime ago Srini and I tested a few cables and interconnects. Though the Chinese brands did not fare badly, branded ICs delivered a clearly audible and appreciable improvement in sound quality.

Instead of gaping at Chinese companies that make doubtful and questionable claims, I would look at products of companies that make claims on their own accord. One such company is DAC. Another is BJC. Companies such as (our own) MX, and Belden do not make any tall claims and just mention their tested specifications.

There are good products available at all price points.

Cheers

Last edited:
Gentlemen, a word of caution. Just because you use the letters 'VDH', or copy their looks does not mean you end up having the quality that van del Hul has.

Companies such as VDH, Nordost and others have spend quite a lot of money in R&D and choosing their raw material quite carefully. When they say 99% OFC, you can be sure it will be 99%.

Sometime ago Srini and tested a few cables and interconnects. Though the Chinese brands did not fare badly, branded ICs delivered a clearly audible and appreciable improvement in sound quality.

Instead of gaping at Chinese companies that make doubtful and questionable claims, I would look at products of companies that make claims on their own accord. One such company is DAC. Another is BJC. Companies such as (our own) MX, and Belden do no make any tall claims and just mention their tested specifications.

There are good products available at all price points.

Cheers

Thanks Venkat, I was wondering about some of those questions.

:D guess there are lesser compelling reasons for me to take one for the team eh!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Companies such as (our own) MX, and Belden do no make any tall claims and just mention their tested specifications.

I made a balanced interconnect cable long back using Belden analog mic cable (forgot the exact part number) and Neutrik XLRs with gold plated pins. I can't even recall why I made it in the first place and it has been lying around unused. Recently I dusted it off and put it between my pre and power. I was surprised at how good it sounds. It is almost comparable to a very pricey (by my standards) balanced cable that I normally use. The only area where it lacks, compared to the factory-made cable, is in low frequency reproduction. It packs more bass weight but is flabbier. I have read about the hidden gem that the Mogami Neglex cables is. I think this Belden cable could be another hidden gem. Unfortunately Mogami Neglex is not available for local purchase in Mumbai. For the DIY inclined, please try this at home.

For 16 dollars one can take the risk. Even Banridge RCA-RCAs would cost as much.

Ahh yes certainly but I m looking for a 12 guage/Warm or 14 gwg cables (I dont even have a clue how it can be declared so) for my Front Floorstanders which has to be about about 6x2 m approx cuz I am thinking of running it a round the door frame make it more concealed. And I think that wont be as reasonably priced.....as per CORelements prices..:indifferent14:

Update

I think I might now have an idea of what defines an average cable from a good one, after reading these two links

The Naked Truth about Interconnect Cables
The Naked Truth about Speaker-Cables

Based on what they're going by it's quite true what venkat said, there are no specifications given and none of these are solid core wires, including the speaker cables.

However I suppose these are still very good value for money for someone who wants something better than cheap bandridge stuff by far.

The reference grade RCA cable for one interests me even though it's not single core, mainly because they state it's silver and multistranded silver cable shouldnt suffer oxide issues between strands.

A custom order of 0.5M of the reference grade IC should be really good value for money as an interconnect I think.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back