8k, what do you envisage?

Oh and forgot to add. Doom Eternal Ancient Gods easily crosses 150 on 2k maxxed out. I cant say more about other sp games since i really dont get time to try them. Most of the free time goes into Bf or Halo.

That's nice , the games I play the most don't even need such a card :)

CS GO and FIFA , stopped purchasing PC version of FIFA as console is more fun for the same.

He may come across as an abrasive person with contrarian views that may even appear outrageous but he's not indulging in personal attacks, unlike some FMs. Forum rules are very clear.
Ah yes, calling me an SJW completely unprovoked when I simply asked him who those words were for is not a personal attack. I didn't disagree with him, there was nothing to counter. All I said was that I was happy with how things were but made clear my position was the same as his.

If someone counters your view in decent language, that can't be termed trolling but if anyone makes personal remarks or abusive or indulges in personal attack, you have every right to report and we assure you of action as deemed fit.
Pray tell me how calling someone SJW is the same as "countering with decent language"?

Forum has rejected my report that it's not a derogatory term as per "forum rules". In Indian context, I assume the word "bhakt" etc for example, therefore is permitted, right? If yes, that's great & ignore everything I say next!

If not, how is SJW, that's considered a derogatory term as per numerous results and exclusively used by the conservative side, not a derogatory term?

SJW, just like the word "bhakt" is not something we use in civilized political discussions even if the literal definitions are completely harmless. Why else do we not see those words being used in articles by reputed and respected journalists by either side of the political aisle?

May I also know a list of words that are allowed as per "forum rules", like SJW, especially the ones involving the other side of the political spectrum? Because some staff made it clear that the countless sources on Google somehow weren't a source, so as a new member, I'm pretty clueless on the words that are allowed, and the ones that aren't :(. Would make it easier for me for the next few years and possibly decades I'm on here.

Ah yes, calling me an SJW completely unprovoked when I simply asked him who those words were for is not a personal attack. I didn't disagree with him, there was nothing to counter. All I said was that I was happy with how things were but made clear my position was the same as his.

Pray tell me how calling someone SJW is the same as "countering with decent language"?

Forum has rejected my report that it's not a derogatory term as per "forum rules". In Indian context, I assume the word "bhakt" etc for example, therefore is permitted, right? If yes, that's great & ignore everything I say next!

If not, how is SJW, that's considered a derogatory term as per numerous results and exclusively used by the conservative side, not a derogatory term?

SJW, just like the word "bhakt" is not something we use in civilized political discussions even if the literal definitions are completely harmless. Why else do we not see those words being used in articles by reputed and respected journalists by either side of the political aisle?

May I also know a list of words that are allowed as per "forum rules", like SJW, especially the ones involving the other side of the political spectrum? Because some staff made it clear that the countless sources on Google somehow weren't a source, so as a new member, I'm pretty clueless on the words that are allowed, and the ones that aren't :(. Would make it easier for me for the next few years and possibly decades I'm on here.
You're coming across to me as overtly prickly. I don't think there's any need to start explaining forum rules. Forum rules are quite explicit and members here are all educated adults.

Let's not clutter up this thread posting OT. I'll be clearing up this conversation as well

You're coming across to me as overtly prickly. I don't think there's any need to start explaining forum rules. Forum rules are quite explicit and members here are all educated adults.
With all due respect, you misunderstand, just trying to understand what falls under name-calling.

Googling tells me SJW is a derogatory term. I was called that without provoking anybody. A staff member said that it was not derogatory as per "forum rules". Forum rules don't mention anything about it.

So is a similar word like bhakt derogatory or not? How would I know in advance what's derogatory when staff member made it clear that numerous sources on Google are wrong?

Edit: Just saw your edit. Will take this elsewhere. Apologies to everybody else for derailing this thread.

Edit2:

@arj All I asked was if I can call someone a "bhakt" without them being provocative? Say yes, or a no and we could've ended the conversation hours ago. I assume you mean yes? Thank you, that's useful.

I assume you mean pejorative and not perjorative which is a misspelling?

Multiple dictionary sites say it specifically means the same as derogatory. We can discuss this elsewhere, but your comment was useful.

I didn't disagree with anybody nor am I targetting or insulting anybody. I don't expect mods to parent all comments, just wanted to understand the rules here. You're free to ignore. Thank you.

Last edited:
With all due respect, you misunderstand, just trying to understand what falls under name-calling.

Googling tells me SJW is a derogatory term. I was called that without provoking anybody. A staff member said that it was not derogatory as per "forum rules". Forum rules don't mention anything about it.

So is a similar word like bhakt derogatory or not? How would I know in advance what's derogatory when staff member made it clear that numerous sources on Google are wrong?

Edit: Just saw your edit. Will take this elsewhere. Apologies to everybody else for derailing this thread.
SJW is about as perjorative ( not derogatory ) as Bhakt :) and either of these words will only degenerate a conversation and not add to it and being derogatory or not is pretty much dependent on ones own sensitivity .

If you do not agree with what someone has said you are free to correct or ignore it, but targeting someone specifically is a waste of time for the person typing it, for those reading it and for us mods !

This is a social media and Mods cannot Parent all posts although we try our best to respond to reports when we get time from our actual day jobs and these days reports just keep pouring in and we cannot keep pace with it

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back