9 channel or 7 channel avr , what to buy

ayushwas

I have pioneer 5 channel AVR. I need a 9 channel AVR now . I was thinking to get denon 4500h. Or should I get a 7 channel avr like 3500h or 2500h and use the old avr for +2 channels. Is it difficult to manage 2 avr , powering them etc. Considering the price difference, would it make sense to get atmos 7 channel avr and extend to 9 channel. Please suggest.

I have pioneer 5 channel AVR. I need a 9 channel AVR now . I was thinking to get denon 4500h. Or should I get a 7 channel avr like 3500h or 2500h and use the old avr for +2 channels. Is it difficult to manage 2 avr , powering them etc. Considering the price difference, would it make sense to get atmos 7 channel avr and extend to 9 channel. Please suggest.
You cannot use two avrs at once. I am assuming you tend to use ur old avr and get one more 7ch avr and combine them to use 9 channels which is impossible. If you want 9 channels you should buy a new 9ch avr and 4500 is an excellent choice

Thanks for the clarification. I thought since 2 channels can be extended using external amp, we can use another avr too.
No that is not the case. For 9 channel you need a avr that can process 9 channels. For example take 4500 it is a 9.2 channel avr but can process 11 channels. In this case the avr will have a built in amplifier for powering 9 channels. Here you can use an external 2ch amp and process 11 channels as the avr will have pre-outs for the additional 2 channels. If this explanation is not enough let me know I will explain more in detail so you will understand how it works

Hi

I have absolutely brand new Denon 4500H to sell. Just not my requirement. Please see this.

I prefer to use an Pre-Pro instead of an AVR. Now I don't but definitely will go for Processor and multi channel power amp. Class-D Multi-channels are an option. Now i am with the a Denon AVR 4311 and Emotive combination. Enjoy the power of real power amp.

I have pioneer 5 channel AVR. I need a 9 channel AVR now

If you don't need pre-outs on AVR and need only 9 channels AVR, then you may consider Pioneer LX 303, a 9.2 AVR, which can be used in a 7.1.2 (or) 5.1.4 set-up depending on your room layout.. LX 303 is also on the inexpensive side, almost half the cost of Denon x 4500..

If you don't need pre-outs on AVR and need only 9 channels AVR, then you may consider Pioneer LX 303, a 9.2 AVR, which can be used in a 7.1.2 (or) 5.1.4 set-up depending on your room layout.. LX 303 is also on the inexpensive side, almost half the cost of Denon x 4500..
You are little late I think he already purchased 4500

I prefer to use an Pre-Pro instead of an AVR. Now I don't but definitely will go for Processor and multi channel power amp. Class-D Multi-channels are an option. Now i am with the a Denon AVR 4311 and Emotive combination. Enjoy the power of real power amp.
Which emotiva model? I too looking for 2 channel power amp.

Thanks, yes I got 4500h. I had considered lx303 but looking at its firmware upgrades list. It didn't get the earc upgrade. Considering hassle free, future proof , one time investment went with 4500h.

Yes If u have no budget constraints ,that is the best option to go.
AVR when it used to drive for all channels lacks out of power may drops 30 to 60 watts per channel based on the AVR models.
I have Marantz SR8012 which is very good one ,but when I added an ATI power amp to the chain ,it brought big sound stage and Dynamics to the system.

Hi

I have absolutely brand new Denon 4500H to sell. Just not my requirement. Please see this.

What’s your price?

Recently I have purchased Marantz NR 1608 and tested in 5.1 mode and found that it lacks power to drive all speakers. Later on I have connected my old Denon AVR 2113 in power amplifier role to power front speakers. Now Marantz has more than enough power to drive SR,SL and Center. Now have more power, better Dynamics and over all movie watching experience is excellent. Marantz bring out the finest details from surround channels and Denon provides the power to front channels. Shifting few channels to old AVR or PA makes a great difference in overall presentation of movie or music.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back