90's Kids - Post your favourite music, videos, memories ......

According to me I can call myself a music lover more than an Audiophile.I love all types of good music in all genres and languages.Although I favour older songs/music, I am also partial to the music of 90's and modern ones too.

I have been listening to good music from childhood. From valve Radios to lp based music system. In the initial days of my career ( 1988 to 1993) walkman was my only source of music as I traveled a lot. I missed many movies during that period.

In 1993 soon after my marriage I bought a philps 21" colour tv. The sound quality of that tv was amazing.
That was the period during which Zee TV, MTV, Star movies, Star network were launched.

This started the era of broadcasting revolution. Many good song videos, movies became available to us. The quality of sound and picture quality also was excellent.

I would like to share some of the music videos I enjoyed during that period.
I invite all to pls share their memories, videos etc from that time.

Regards.

One of my favourite of that time.

Great initiative! There are simply so many songs that i remember enjoying from my childhood, the exact details of which i couldnt seem to recollect... and this thread has really brought old memories flooding back! Will be posting soon....

Great initiative! There are simply so many songs that i remember enjoying from my childhood, the exact details of which i couldnt seem to recollect... and this thread has really brought old memories flooding back! Will be posting soon....

Hi,
Intention of this thread is to share songs that we enjoyed in the 90s and after. Many of these songs are not available in Vinyl, available in only cds and cassettes which too are difficult to find for many people. So the easy way to remember and enjoy them is YouTube.
Let's enjoy them and forget the 'Audiophile' standards. ;)

Great initiative. Our window to the world of movie song videos opened up first with Chitrahaar on Doordarshan, every Wednesday at 8-30 pm and then the next revolution happened with Superhit Muquabla. Of course MTV added to the list of western hits. With the advent of cable TV and private channels the ATN channel and Music India made a lasting mark in the 90s.

Superhit Muquabla

Baba Sehgal, popularized Indi Rap and probably the best VJ of Superhit Muquabla
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL4Zv1sR_co

Popular song of that era 'Hawa Hawa'
Shocked everyone at that time.

My favourite TV show till date. Taught me many things in that pre internet era.
A really iconic program of its time, Siddharth Kak and Renuka Sahane really presented it well and the letter writing culture to popular TV programs came to an end with the closure of this program.

Ho Gayee Hai Mohabbat was one of the most iconic songs of this era, with an excellent music video. Shibani did make a comeback video to celebrate 20 years of Ho Gayee Hai Mohabbat but Nakul Kapoor even after short stint in Bollywood ended up as a Yoga expert in Toronto.

90s will always be colorful with its wonderful Ads, a lot of them are being posted I see, but I could not find the online reference of the JCT ad on Palace on Wheels (Its Gotta be JCT). If anyone finds please do post

Finally 90s would not be complete without some of the great Title tracks of its popular TV series

I could not find the Vinod Rathod song of Zameen Aasmaan. Its one of the great songs of its time, if someone finds please do post (Manzil Rasta Kaarva)

Junoon, wonderful title song and a gem of a serial, Tom alter and Puneet Essars entry made things lot interesting

Reporter, a new kind of serial never before aired on DD, wanted you to think and deduce the end rather than explaining to you

Chandrakanta, Yakku Jaanbaz

Kismat, Kumar Sanu at best

Phir Wohi Talash, wonderful title track

Potli Baba, the kid mind in me comes up

Malgudi Days, no one can forget

Want to end with the unity runs and videos

Freedom Run, Louis Banks (it is from 88 but aired in 90s too)

Mile Sur Mera Tumhara, again Louis Banks (we discussed this recently in the Kolkata Audio Meet of July 2020)

Back