A budget 5.1.2 setup ideas

rksingh1

Dear all,

There have been many threads asking for what speaker to buy or what AVR to buy or a VFM 5.1.2 setup or a HT setup within 1L / 1.5L etc.

I made a Youtube video which can serve as a very good starting point for those new enthusiasts to explore and start the journey of home theatre build.

I hope it helps people form some opinion and clear some basic doubts.

Very useful for beginners like myself. Thanks.

Also, would the small sub from q acoustics be enough for a 12*14 sqft room? Specially for movies. Would you recommend the q acoustics 3020i with its center and this woofer for a build with 70 percent movies and 30 percent music setup?

Dear all,

There have been many threads asking for what speaker to buy or what AVR to buy or a VFM 5.1.2 setup or a HT setup within 1L / 1.5L etc.

I made a Youtube video which can serve as a very good starting point for those new enthusiasts to explore and start the journey of home theatre build.

Very nicely made video @rksingh1 . Hopefully this will help many people moving away from HtIB setups and provide a good variety of options to research and decide upon. The QAcoustics Bookshelf/Taga Series(based on reviews) provide tremendous value at decent price range, enough to wow a person moving away from HTIB and you have covered majority of the options available. Kudos once again , will make sure to link your video in any of my suggestions for people with similar queries as its a must watch to understand the components involved and the optioms :)

Very useful for beginners like myself. Thanks.

Also, would the small sub from q acoustics be enough for a 12*14 sqft room? Specially for movies. Would you recommend the q acoustics 3020i with its center and this woofer for a build with 70 percent movies and 30 percent music setup?
The center and front speakers - yes, but I doubt that slim profile sub will be enough. See if you can audition once. If you want to have QA only, you can try QB12, however it's little more expensive at 45-50k.

@raghupb @fLUX @emeskumar - thank you. :)

Dear all,

Really helpful Thanks

The center and front speakers - yes, but I doubt that slim profile sub will be enough. See if you can audition once. If you want to have QA only, you can try QB12, however it's little more expensive at 45-50k.

@raghupb @fLUX @emeskumar - thank you. :)
I think that slim profile sub itself cost around 30k. Little stretch in that budget itself, will give better VFM. QB12 is a sealed one. So,opt for music. When it comes to movies sub's below the QB12 cost justify better IMO..
QB 12 is kind of cute and nice cable mgmt..otherwise not much to incline towards that. Also, there is timbre match rule for sub's with LCR of same brand..

I think that slim profile sub itself cost around 30k. Little stretch in that budget itself, will give better VFM. QB12 is a sealed one. So,opt for music. When it comes to movies sub's below the QB12 cost justify better IMO..
QB 12 is kind of cute and nice cable mgmt..otherwise not much to incline towards that. Also, there is timbre match rule for sub's with LCR of same brand..

Please correct me if I am wrong, dont think there is any sort of timbre match when it comes to the subwoofer. The one which gives deep, tight & agile bass should ideally be preferred.

Please correct me if I am wrong, dont think there is any sort of timbre match when it comes to the subwoofer. The one which gives deep, tight & agile bass should ideally be preferred.
Sorry, I mistyped it. Sub's doesn't require any timbre match. Thanks for correcting that buddy..

Very helpful for newbies in the forum, audio scene like me . Much appreciate this ..I request you to please add other basic concepts one should understand while setting up entire system like audio wattage ohms ..

Very helpful for newbies in the forum, audio scene like me . Much appreciate this ..I request you to please add other basic concepts one should understand while setting up entire system like audio wattage ohms ..
This covers lot of things.
At the end of page, there are links to other informative articles

Back