A Gem From Sansui !!!

soundsgreat

Hi,

Well well what we have here guys :cool: ! A speaker from from Sansui and that to what quality :eek: ?

sp-100i-h.jpg

As usual on search on the net for some info led me to this Jap site which had this outrageous of an speaker built by none other then the long lost Sansui with so much technology involved in it that even the best of the speakers available today in front it will be ashamed :eek:hyeah:!

Very sad though that this is no longer made (as the company itself no longer active in this segment,however they do have some cheap ass LCD's in India) !

Anyways I just thought to share it with you guys as its something to drool :licklips: !!

Read the complete details in the link below (translated to english)

SANSUI SP-100i

Please do share your thoughts on the same ! Also do make sure you check all the other outstanding speakers from all the jap brands there ! some of them are so good that you'll start to wonder what the heck the companies are doing now ???

Just one more example Technics SB-RX70

sb-rx70-h.jpg

Regards.

Last edited:
Sansui was one of the pioneers in audio (esp. the products made in Japan). I had experienced this with my uncle's Sansui music setup. It was a 9 piece unit (TurnTable, Tuner, Reverbration monitor, Pre-amp, 2 x Power-amps (one for each channel), twin Cassete deck w/ recording, CD Player, 14-band EQ) setup w/ Sansui's almirah kinda rack, 3 way towers w/ 12" drivers (same size as the rack). The sound was so warm and detailed with great and tight punch.

Superbly built. If they had invested so much in the technology i wonder why they stopped?
They could have catered to the niche market

This makes me tempt again to ask my friend who has a Sansui system lyng unused :)

If you follow Sansui Amps (well maintained) on sale on ebay, one will see hat some really good ones go for more 600 USD

Used to have a Sansui 517 amplifier and D90 Cassette Deck. This amplifier will beat most of modern amps costing 50 to 70 thousand. One of my another blunder to sell this and buy a Yamaha Prologic:mad: If any of you have one of these sansui amplifier kindly do not sell.

Note: Picture taken from classicsansui.net

Attachments

• AUTU517a.jpg
    AUTU517a.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 742
Does anyone have any experience or information about the Sansui 800 (20 watts) stereo receiver?
I have a chance of getting this really cheap from someone moving.

Thanks,
Jinx.

I have been using Sansui AU-X501 amplifier(Thanks to Rikhav for referring to Akshay Jha for repairs & Akshay did a great job of restoring and tweaking it) for 2 channel music paired with Mission m35i speakers and Pioneer DV610 as source. This amp sounds fantastic, rich & warm sound and definately beats my Marantz SR7002 in stereo mode. It is realy sad that Sansui which has such a reputation among audiophiles is no more in audio business today. One day perhaps it may come back like the other equally respected brand Luxman.

Sansui made some of the best audio equipments.Used the Sansui AU-D7 and D9 Amplifier ...they were superb.

I always say that the fall of Sansui and Nakamichi is one of the greatest tragedy in the audio industry.Now its the age of ipods....:rolleyes:

:sad:

I own a pair of Sansui SP-100i and they sounding great. My amp is a Sansui AU-717 (I also own Sansui AU-X1, AU-X711, CD-X711, TU-701, SR-222 MK V). Heres a pic from inside: http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/143/sp100iallchassis1.png

...Please do post the pics of them and your setup for all of Us to enjoy !! Regards.

You can see my videos on youtube:

YouTube - SANSUI Part I

YouTube - SANSUI Part II

Some pics of my SP-100i comming soon.

Here are two pics of some of my Sansuis:

mysansui-1.jpg

mysansui-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to own a TU717 (i believe that is the right model no.). It was a beautiful tuner after I had it professionally aligned and many a time I would prefer it as a source to my cd player to catch local jazz stations in Detroit. Felt bad letting it go when i moved back.

Here is a pic of my tu717. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I own a pair of Sansui SP-100i and they sounding great. My amp is a Sansui AU-717 (I also own Sansui AU-X1, AU-X711, CD-X711, TU-701, SR-222 MK V).

Whoa :licklips:,thats one heck of a collection you have there !!

Please do post the pics of them and your setup for all of Us to enjoy !!

Regards.

There's a Vintage Sansui Integrated from the mid '70s on eBay going for $ 2,500 approx... hefty price...

Hi,

SANSUI AU-a907 LIMITED INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER 8.5/10 NEW - eBay (item 300405914926 end time Mar-18-10 18:30:27 PDT)

This seller has some super rare items.

eBay Seller: farah6520: Electronics items on eBay.com

However there seems to be some doubt about his listings.

Sigh...Farah And His Papi Chulo Are Back - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Regards
Rajiv

Some companies develop a kind of an image on the consumer which is very difficult to change. Sansui, Videocon and Aiwa are a few that quickly comes to mind.

Thats quite true.
Often seen that a mere few companies who keep their marketing strategies centralised w.r.t. the global presence of their products work better.

A part that worked against the brands such as Sansui, Videocon, Aiwa is that the "mass market" potential of their niche segments surfaced in Indian markets quite late, while they had already concentrated on the mass consumer good segment, thereby eyeing on the volumetric sales/profits.

In India ..
- if you think of Aiwa .. you get reminded of brushed metal hifi sets that have vanished.
- if you think of Videocon .. you get reminded of washing machines (videocon washing machine ..jingle remember? it still is quite clear to many ears)
- if you think of Sansui .. you think of it as a general 'Korean' brand who has all from toasters to hand blenders etc!

One brand is PIONEER, which is focusing more on car-audio for India and has still to step in with their prime range even for hifi's and i still feel if they maintain the quality they had in their imported sets 10yrs back which were sold in US or Eastern nations ..they still can score quite a volume.

The sansui in their golden age is a completely different entity than what it is today. They made only hifi gear.

Looks like some mass market Chinese tycoon has bought the brand name. Very sad decline.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back