A good infotainment system for polo GT TSI 2017 model

Love4sound

Dear FM's

Kindly suggest a good model within 20-25K. My requirements are apple car play, should work with steering mounted controls and function smoothly with out any lag. Main purpose is to use google maps through apple car play. If any good model is available for a lesser price also fine by me.

Cheers

Hi Navin,

Checkout these models from pioneer.

DMH-Z5290BT - should be 24k and will support apple car play
AVH-Z5290BT - around 27k and should support apple car play

AVH-A219BT - Should be around 20k, Not sure on apple car play

But i guess, You would still need Sound amplifier or sound processor for any HU (Head unit).

Try to do damping on the doors as well.

The existing stock HU is giving good output and I don’t expect the aftermarket HU to perform any better. Currently in negotiations for the OEM RCD340 to retain the looks. If not working out will go for the pioneer HU

You are in Chennai, so should definitely contact FM @Kannan :)
Yeah I have seen one of his post for a polo. Incredible work. I just want to install a plug and play head unit with no external wiring work. Since it isn’t much complicated I didn’t reach out to him.

You need something with a CANBUS to retain the steering wheel controls and other vehicle information associated displays. I use a really cheap (11k) Chinese Android HU with the Pioneer DSP. Serves my purpose. Its called "Cloytoy". I have steering wheel remote, rear camera, vehicle speed, fuel quantity, door open warnings and a few such information.

You need something with a CANBUS to retain the steering wheel controls and other vehicle information associated displays. I use a really cheap (11k) Chinese Android HU with the Pioneer DSP. Serves my purpose. Its called "Cloytoy". I have steering wheel remote, rear camera, vehicle speed, fuel quantity, door open warnings and a few such information.
The dealers quoted around 4-5k for adapters that will be required for installation and for the steering controls to work.
First thing once needs to do is sound dampening of his car before upgrading ICE.
It will be tremendous improvement even with stock setup.
I am not much of a music person and more then happy with the sound. Just looking out for apple car play.

Dear FM's

Kindly suggest a good model within 20-25K. My requirements are apple car play, should work with steering mounted controls and function smoothly with out any lag. Main purpose is to use google maps through apple car play. If any good model is available for a lesser price also fine by me.

Cheers

Please check out Android HUs made for VAG cars to plug and play (Joying, Dasaita etc). It should be around the budget.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back