A Great Music System Setup--- Under 70K

thakre

Hello

I am setting my Home theater/HiFi for first time .

My room size is 14'x20' i will be using the 14 length.

For Amplifier , I have shortened to Yamaha RX-V495 or Onkyo 505.

Speakers I am considering Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 a pair Or Quad 11L pair. Then I will add a sub-woofer Wharfedale SW150. And then CS and surrounds.

I am confused wether to go for Standamount 9.2 or Floorstander 9.5 Diamonds or to settle for Bookshelf Quads.

Any help will be appreciated.

Selecting an audio component is Very subjective. Brands you mentioned are good and quite popular. You listen to all three speakers and decide what suits to your liking and budget.

Thakreji, the title of your thread is'a great music system',
but you appear to want a set up which do both HT & music.
I'm afraid a 'great 'music performance is not poss with an HT setup,it will be just fair in this budget.
You need to think out your priorities first, & then ask for recommendations.
Plz take this in the right spirit, its a fundamental advice.

Thanks SuhasG.

I am not sticking to any brand or model but am open for suggestions.
Or if you can suggest a combination of a reciver and speaker set.

My usage : music 60% movie : 40%.

Music being the priority, check out from Marantz, CA and Arcam. If not then the likes of Onkyo or Denon should fit the bill for being excellent allrounders. For an all out movie experience (with no concern for music), I guess your best bet is Yamaha receivers.

With your budget, the speakers can be picked up from among the Diamonds, Avant, Bronze, Fusion series or even the Q-acoustics (never heard the last one, to the extent that I can comment - but read and been referred a lot about these ?? must be good)

All the best.

Thanks SuhasG.

I am not sticking to any brand or model but am open for suggestions.
Or if you can suggest a combination of a reciver and speaker set.

My usage : music 60% movie : 40%.

If your budget is for Pure 2 ch System then I might be in position to suggest something. But mixing of 2 ch. music and HT is not of my liking , sorry.

I wanted a HT for similar application - 60% music 40% movies, you can do the following:

- Select a good pair of front speakers. Play your favourite music, listen and decide which ones sound the best to your ears. If you have the space, then go for towers. KEF IQ5, Acoustic Energy AELite, Wharfedale Diamond9.5 are some good examples. I bought Diamond 9.5 after auditioning the above 3.

- then add the Center, surrounds either from the same model/brand or if you can identify and do a mix/match, pick the CS/Surrounds/ Sub as per your choice.

I went for the Diamond9CS Center, and Wharfedale WH-2 Biploar rear surrounds with a yamaha 661 receiver.

I'm pretty happy with both the Music ( 2 ch. stereo or pure direct ) and HT.

cheers!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back