A lack of common sense/civic basics

Hi,

I know that I will be laughed at if I say that there is a good discussion going on here, but I take my chance and say, yeah, it is good that at least we think about what we are, whom we are around, etc. I always thought people would not like discussing this type of topics. I have always been mocked by people around me whenever I start something of this type and still I can confidently say at least one member of my family will be laughing at me for me pursuing my legal degree.

Coming to the topic, Yes, I agree with most of you and disagree with some of you. As a common man, a common man from my perspective who: 1. Neither is a government servant, nor knows anyone who works for Gov or political authority. 2. Neither rich nor influential. 3. Just a graduate, earning as much as 5-8K. 4. Does not know karate or kalari...........I dont think he can change much, and he wont have time to think about the country.

For example, a simple guy, product of IIM, Sarath Babu, MD of Foodking, who stood for election this time and everyone knows that he is well educated, young and he can be a much better leader, but can anyone say why he lost? So, politics, election, democracy, you name it, everything runs on its way!

As Vortex mentioned, Rs. 500 is today's rate for vote, 1K tomorrow, and what if people stop accepting ransom, fine, they would save some crores and vote for themselves.

Yes, I feel democracy here is abused to the core, like the mobile phones. My cousin in US, who is pretty much a US citizen, earning more than I could imagine, still pays for his incoming calls, but me, 2p per second, blah, blah.......etc.

My law college professor often says that we only react and not act!

Cheers!

I just want to remind people here about my experience with police in SKikkim.

If you observe traffic movement in Gangtok it is very systematic like in Europe or US - because the minimum fine for anything as small as stopping a few mins in the middle of the road is 500. And the police do not know what bribe taking is. I felt so much at ease with them that I even approached a constable for time pass and chatting one afternoon and took her for a "chai".

In another instance, my taxi driver wanted to report a smashed glass for his car (due to a small rock slide) that he felt was deliberate act. The local police cheif at the remote village was so full of humility - he behaved like "government servant" to the Tee. I was at the station for 1 hour as a witness to sign some forms and the entire experience was like we were the boss and he was a humble servant doing his duty. He wrote the FIR because the Taxi driver had a grievance - no questions asked. And he felt so personally responsible about filing the FIR like it was a great task to accomplish. OMG!!

This was in 2003. When I dream about an India like that, it makes my eyes moist.

There is no need to study the western world or a phoren country to understand what is broken and why. Sikkim is a fine example. Perhaps if we study why the common folk there are not influenced by the corrupt mindsets in rest of India, we might learn something. I am sure there are many such parts in India we do not know about.

Regards

Last edited:
All we have to do is improve small things around us. A soldier should only be concerned about killing the enemy in front of him to win the battle, he should be worried about the war since he can't influence it.

And what makes you think that no one is doing anything. We are all putting our bit for nation building. What one sincerely does what he thinks is the best may not appeal to you individually but all honest citizen of India are doing their bit. So what is the discussion about? No offenses meant please.

What can you do as an individual. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Sachin Bhai when I said you can't do anything, I was referring to the big picture that I was referring to. Getting rid of drunkards etal are very minor issues. What I am talking about is the big picture. You know what a parallel economy means? Trust me nobody can do anything about it, even if you are Prime Minister of this country. That way, China is better off. Bola na, too much of democracy.

Last edited:
And what makes you think that no one is doing anything. We are all putting our bit for nation building. What one sincerely does what he thinks is the best may not appeal to you individually but all honest citizen of India are doing their bit. So what is the discussion about? No offenses meant please.

Sachin Bhai when I said you can't do anything, I was referring to the big picture that I was referring to. Getting rid of drunkards etal are very minor issues. What I am talking about is the big picture. You know what a parallel economy means? Trust me nobody can do anything about it, even if you are Prime Minister of this country. That way, China is better off. Bola na, too much of democracy.

hehehe captrajesh -

now my blood is boiling at 130 degrees centigrade -

after reading all the comments from all the thread participants - i have decided to something about all this - a cleaner brighter india free of all vices and especially an india where people do not jump the queue!-

here is the plan - i am going to japan to acquire ninja training - i will master this art in 4 month(max 6 months) - i will buy ninja black killing suit with all killing instruments and sign agreement for regular supply of same - i will buy ninja sword and return to india (of course, i will be in mufti on the flight).

once in india i will prepare a dossier on all the people who are corrupt and are running the parallel economy - and also on people who are jumping queues at post office and government offices - this will take 3 months

in the next six months - i will be in ninja mode 24x7 and kill them all very exquisitely (i will take videos and post them on hifivision!!) - some of them, i might wipe out the entire family (including driver and housemaid) with my trusty Steyr M8.

obviously most of the political incumbents will be dead - and then it will be time to do what Thad has proposed - VOTE!!

after that i will post indian ninja (30 million of them) at all points of corruption- any attempt at seeking illegal money - women - or illegal downloading of copyrighted material - will result in instant exquisite death.

I WILL SHOW THE WORLD - "A SHINING INDIA"

a good plan, no?:D

regds suri

Last edited:
hehehe captrajesh -

after reading all the comments from all the thread participants - i have decided to something about all this - a cleaner brighter india free of all vices and especially an india where people do not jump the queue!-

here is the plan - i am going to japan to acquire ninja training - i will master this art in 4 month(max 6 months) - i will buy ninja black killing suit with all killing instruments and sign agreement for regular supply of same - i will buy ninja sword and return to india (of course, i will be in mufti on the flight).

once in india i will prepare a dossier on all the people who are corrupt and are running the parallel economy - and also on people who are jumping queues at post office and government offices - this will take 3 months

in the next six months - i will be in ninja mode 24x7 and kill them all very exquisitely (i will take videos and post them on hifivision!!)

obviously most of the political incumbents will be dead - and then it will be time to do what Thad has proposed - VOTE!!

after that i will post indian ninja (30 million of them) at all points of corruption- any attempt at seeking illegal money - women - or illegal downloading of copyrighted material - will result in instant exquisite death.

regds suri

Hi,

Suri, I love your spirit, but this is something that is next to impossible. First of all, you must first of all conduct a vote to know whether your approach is right and then go ahead with your ninja plans! Killing will not make any difference.

Jurisprudents opined that, "Every society gets its deserved criminals and crimes, and criminals are not born but given by the society itself." Moreover, our Indian constitution was not made to allow this and you cannot make change to it unless you gained popularity of the entire nation.

Let me know if you have a plan to overcome the shortcomings, I will also join you, as I learned Karate, upto brown, in my schooldays.:lol:

Cheers!

Perhaps the solution to india's problems is to make up fictional heroes running around in chaddi banyans rescueing people from harm, following in suri's infallable spirit!

Perhaps the solution to india's problems is to make up fictional heroes running around in chaddi banyans rescueing people from harm, following in suri's infallable spirit!

Sorry, could not control, especially the chaddi banyans part :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Hi,

Excuse me for one more thread guys!

"Suri, we dont need to learn ninja for killing, we will start a thread for jokes here and we will make it mandatory viewing for our targets, so that they view them and die of laughter.":eek:hyeah:

I see an exuberant sense of humor in hifivision, lov u guys!:eek:hyeah:

Hi,

Suri, I love your spirit, but this is something that is next to impossible. First of all, you must first of all conduct a vote to know whether your approach is right and then go ahead with your ninja plans! Killing will not make any difference.

Jurisprudents opined that, "Every society gets its deserved criminals and crimes, and criminals are not born but given by the society itself." Moreover, our Indian constitution was not made to allow this and you cannot make change to it unless you gained popularity of the entire nation.

Let me know if you have a plan to overcome the shortcomings, I will also join you, as I learned Karate, upto brown, in my schooldays.:lol:

Cheers!

hi svenkateshsmart - this is a time of great crisis - and in such grave crises, one must first act and then seek the trend of vox populi-

if i sought a vote before the process, can you imagine the confusion? -
for example - i might get a petition from Lachuben, wife of the corporator who created a garden in mumbai saying - "my husband is a good man - apart from me he is maintaining three women who have three children each - if you kill him 15 children and four women will not be able to go on annual visit to switzerland for winter skiing"

very difficult to kill such a man.

on the other hand - if i started the process and killed off 30% of the target population - i am sure that every one would be scared of a "damocles sword"
and would back me.

and in such a situation jurisprudence and judgements may be conveniently thrown out with the refuse. - and cause the whole damn thing to be rewritten.:lol:

regds:lol:

India virtually started 150 years late the moment the country's reigns were handed over to Nehru. In fact, it was not handed, it was grabbed by the Nehru lobby.

It is rather unfortunate that all records to what actually transpired in history is 'safety' hidden away at some archives (classified information).

Well, what happened to Netaji .... yes, Subhas Chandra Bose? It is not that our government does not have the records. As per the latest on his disappearance, the PM of our 'great' country simply has chosen to look the other way, even giving out interviews stating that all hell might break loose and India might be dumped by some international friends if facts are released.

Such things never found their way into our history books. Everything has been tutored to suit political gains and at the same time, brainwash the future generations of the truth, so a select few keep holding on the reins to rule this land.

So, in a nutshell, India definitely could have done with 'military rule' immediately after independence. This lethargy, ineffective governance, dynastical politics, indiscipline and 'forced' illiteracy are all a result of coloured democracy. Yes, democracy should have been brought in, say after 20 years of an 'iron-hand' military rule.

BUT ..... EVEN OUR MILITARY is or had been no great shakes ... no pun intended .... not going after anyone here .... but our armed forces are second to none when it comes to indulging in the 3 Ws .....:sad:

Someone with the charisma of Adolf Hitler is needed now to bring about ....

in the next six months - i will be in ninja mode 24x7 and kill them all very exquisitely (i will take videos and post them on hifivision!!) - some of them, i might wipe out the entire family (including driver and housemaid) with my trusty Steyr M8.

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
OMG Suri you have an unparalleled sense of humour

Suri, I love your spirit, but this is something that is next to impossible.

Don't underestimate Suri. :lol:

hehehe captrajesh -

regds suri

Hi suri,
very good plan. You might want to get in touch with Mr Nilekani. Who is not only indentifying unique indians but also assigning a number to them. You will get a ready made list what to kil and what to be left to vote.:)
Thanks.

Hi suri,
very good plan. You might want to get in touch with Mr Nilekani. Who is not only indentifying unique indians but also assigning a number to them. You will get a ready made list what to kil and what to be left to vote.:)
Thanks.

but mahiruha - nilekani and mohandas pai are at the top of the list of people who are to die a most exquisite death.

but mahiruha - nilekani and mohandas pai are at the top of the list of people who are to die a most exquisite death.

Wait till you get the list. Once he prepares the list he becomes unique and will be at your mercy. But caution should be taken since we are awaiting so many lists post independence. :)

Please please please do not bring shame upon yourself like this. If you only start reading up on Indian History you will find many unsung heroes who have done and achieved much more than an Adolf or a Stalin or Lenin. But you haven't even started reading hence your mind recalls only lesser role models.

Do you know the day by day details and accounts of battles fought in the last 1000 years? Do you recall how many battles were won with great leadership and unparalleled valour. Do you recall any great feats of unsurpassed heroism displayed by our forefathers?

And then coming to spiritual battles do you not feel dazzled by the 100s of truth seeking naked ascetics that have roamed our land? Do you not for instance recall what Mahavira actually achieved and did you never understand in a holistic fashion (intellectually and emotionally) why he is called Maha - Veer with a sense of adulation? Do I need to mention all the other Rishis and Budhha? Opposite Shravanabelagola there is hill of Jain temples with memorial inscriptions in ancient Kannada, to all the people who gave up their physical bodies to free their souls from bondage of earthly existence. If you have a decent appreciation of India's quest for spirituality and its true contribution to the world, you will feel no difference between visiting a Kargil war memorial and this one - One was a earthly battlefield, the other spiritual.

The list will go on into many 100 pages. I am sorry to see the modern media and education has influenced you to such a degree that you only remember Adolf! This is what Macaulay-ites in media and education intend even today - to make Indians forget their past cultural legacy. And you are an instance of their success.

You can start with Indian battlefield history here: Bharat Rakshak • View topic - Historical Battles in Ancient & Medieval Bharat

It will take you months to read these pages, but remember two things to begin with -

1. The whole of Arabia and large parts of West Asia and Africa was overrun within 60 years. However when these same forces reached Sind it took them 600 years to cross over and establish themselves in India.
2. Alexander lost to Indian forces when he reached the Afghanistan area. Yes only Indian textbooks have a lesson titled "Alexander the Great" to impress young minds that we are a defeated people. You can read more here: http://sify.com/itihaas/fullstory.php?id=13225593

The mental trap you are in is captured here: http://www.hinduwebsite.com/history/holocaust.asp

The propaganda machine is such that you remember 6 million Jews but not perhaps the genocide of 80 million Indians. You remember 1.7 million killed by Pol Pot in Vietnam over 4 years but I bet you do not remember between 2 to 3 million killed in 9 months in Bangladesh Is 3 million martyrs a myth? [The Mathematics of a Genocide]. (And likewise the world has no clue that American statesmen like Henry Kissinger dropped the equivalent of 6 Hiroshima's over Cambodia over a helpless village population.) So Slobodan Miloslevich gets tried in a war crimes but Henry Kissinger enjoys state protection even today and people are still trying to bring him to face war crime trials Henry Kissinger WAR CRIMES. And a few years back our boot licking white **** kissing mental slave of an Indian Express Chief Editor falls over himself (practicing humility in front of that inhuman criminal who is bigger than Adolf) when interviewing him in "Walk the Talk" on TV. And oh nobody even heard about the Victorian Holocaust and people still insist on calling the British empire "benevolent" !!! (google for it)

See even if you are "educated" and hold a PH.d or status job in India demanding a very literate person, you can still be an "idiot" and "fool" having all kinds of false notions about the world and its history - such is the effectiveness of propaganda.

For a civilization that Lin Yutang the Chinese philosopher described thus India was Chinas teacher in religion and imaginative literature, and worlds teacher in Trigonometry, quadratic equations, grammar, phonetics, Arabian Nights, animal fables,chess as well as in philosophy, ..." you are advocating that we remember Adolf?!!!! (Why not Maha Rana Pratap or countless others?) Cant you find anybody else to admire?!!!!

Please do not bring shame upon your fellow Indians by advocating Adolf - even if he had leadership qualities. Hopefully one month on the BharatRakshak forum might help you understand many 1000 years of Indian history better and discover many heroes unsung and whose deeds are suppressed deliberately in modern readings. Is it too much a price on your time?

Regards

Last edited:
gobble,
Man, you think too deep and different. Glad to have you in the forum.
Thanks
Hiten

I would say read following books:

1. What India Can Teach Us by F. Max Muller
2. Being Indian by Pavan K. Varma
3. Great Indian Middle Class by Pavan K. Varma
4. The Argumentative Indian by Amartya Sen

After reading these lines:
India virtually started 150 years late the moment the country's reigns were handed over to Nehru. In fact, it was not handed, it was grabbed by the Nehru lobby.

I would say read this also, it is a must
5. India Unbound by Gurcharan Das

Last edited:
hehehe captrajesh -

regds suri

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back