A little learning & a small tip: Check your source before cursing your HT setup

Naveenbnc

Dear all,

For quite long, I have been a bit unhappy with my HT setup. Particularly in terms of music "clarity" and less treble sounds in movies. I was thinking either my AVR or Speakers are not good enough. :mad:

I considered buying a DAC, But again, the forum members warned me that entry or mid level dac may not be far superior to the dac in avr. But if I change my AVR I decided to wait and go for a high end one. A minor upgrade is not worth doing. :indifferent14:

I was using my laptop for music, and airtel dth hd for movies. Then I tried to bitstream audio to avr from my laptop. I followed the thread "How to Bitstream HD audio from HTPC/Laptop" and did all the changes in my laptop settings.

however, I did not succeed in bitstreaming. My Avr still shows PCM as a source signal.
But in the process, i found a small option in VLC player.
Under AUDIO->AUDIO DEVICE-> there are 3 options 1.Default, 2.realtech hd audio, and 3.HTR2064 (this is my avr)

When I selected the option HTR2064, there is a good improvement in music clarity. It came as a pleasant surprise. :yahoo:

For new comers, who are having entry level systems and not satisfied, please check all the possible settings, and first check if the source and the content files are good enough or not.

Regards,
Naveen

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back