A Must Read: The Primers

psychotropic

I do not know if people on hifivision are familiar with this, but this is a superb guide to many complex and potentially confusing AV terms, from the secrets of home theater and hi fidelity magazine.

Home Theater and High Fidelity - The Primer Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

I just had a look at their primers on jitter, negative feedback, Classes of amplification and I must say I've never seen simpler and clearer explanations for these technical terms. Some might say it is oversimplified, and that may be the case, but it gives you a broad conceptual understanding which may otherwise be eluding you, on account of the complexity of the available literature.

Highly recommended for noobs like me.

hey realactivex, thanks for the kind words. While i am an enthusiast, i have very little technical knowledge (i was a humanities student in school), and terms like "negative feedback" and "slew" i've actually tried reading on wikipedia and places like that and it's made not much sense. finally i read these primers and the light dawned on me, now when i go back to wikipedia and other sources, it makes more sense. It was a great feeling, which I am hoping some other such technically inexperienced people like me will also experience while reading these primers. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Enjoy!

868 posts and a noob. Psychotropic, you must be really very modest :). Lots of people out here in the forum value a lot of your inputs.

Best regards
real

I'm sorry for bumping this, but I am just doing it so that at least a couple of more people will discover this stuff. Does no one want to talk about it? about how good, bad, ugly, useful, useless, oversimplified, etc., it is? come on!!

hey realactivex, thanks for the kind words. While i am an enthusiast, i have very little technical knowledge (i was a humanities student in school), and terms like "negative feedback" and "slew" i've actually tried reading on wikipedia and places like that and it's made not much sense. finally i read these primers and the light dawned on me, now when i go back to wikipedia and other sources, it makes more sense. It was a great feeling, which I am hoping some other such technically inexperienced people like me will also experience while reading these primers. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Enjoy!

Humble enough !!!.. i m a techie and i take inputs from you ppl :)

Thanks for the link.Pls give us some time 2 go thru it.We'll definately talk abt it.

I'm sorry for bumping this, but I am just doing it so that at least a couple of more people will discover this stuff. Does no one want to talk about it? about how good, bad, ugly, useful, useless, oversimplified, etc., it is? come on!!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back