A new Linear TL Floor Standers for my next upgrade to 845 tubes

Finally PMC Merges with the Amphions & B&W(Kelvlar) giving out side support.
Also a agni without a war head !!! All in three months!!
Wonderful!!:yahoo: congratulations.:clapping:
Keep it up.:cheers::cheers:

Finally PMC Merges with the Amphions & B&W(Kelvlar) giving out side support.
Also a agni without a war head !!! All in three months!!
Wonderful!!:yahoo: congratulations.:clapping:
Keep it up.:cheers::cheers:

Very good observation, yes i did borrow the stands design from the PMC model as it occupies less space. B&W uses the Kevlar for the mids, but here it is used for the lows & mids, Amphion have the tweeter waveguide above the woofer and in this design its below the woofer (reason is to use the entire line length for the line tuning frequency). The centre point between the woofer and tweeter is exactly at ear level when seated. The speaker can be tilted using the bottom front spikes and the sound stage can be moved either up or down using the spikes.

Q"This speaker is similar to what i had build for Avidyarthy our forum member some two year ago"UQ

How many speaker pairs, other than the one mentioned above have you supplied over the last two years? For most of us, excluding a few with 'golden' ears, speaker buy is almost like a one-time buy, hence, it would be worthwhile to check them out in the field, if possible and then arrive at any buy decision.

Hi Hari,
Can you share some listening impressions? and changes from your previous FS design?

Best,
APK

This speaker is not yet fully ready for any listening impression as the crossover will under go tweaks after the speaker is measured. As Avidyarty speaker was sold some 2 yrs ago my merory would not hold true now. I will leave our FM Denom, Santy, mpw, Bhagwan, koushik pal and others for that.
As per todays impression, i found the speaker to be little bright than expected. Will take nearfielf, farfield and gated response and after analysis of the impedance curve will tweak the speaker and conclude. Currently am held up due to office priorities and will not be ablee to start soon.

Q"This speaker is similar to what i had build for Avidyarthy our forum member some two year ago"UQ

How many speaker pairs, other than the one mentioned above have you supplied over the last two years? For most of us, excluding a few with 'golden' ears, speaker buy is almost like a one-time buy, hence, it would be worthwhile to check them out in the field, if possible and then arrive at any buy decision.

Currently i am building speakers as hobby and to fulfill my passion. Hence they would not be commercially available anywhere. Most builds are custom and would take more time to build and deliver.
To answer your qustions in the past 2 years i have sold 4 FS and 7 BS speakers. If you wish you can listen at my home at Thane on weekends. Even if you intend to purchase after that cannot deliver soon due to other priorities. If u r ready to wait then i can consider else u will need to settle for commercial speakers.

Here are some simulated response of the TL FS speaker - The impedance curve is for a vented enclosure,

ehb4on.jpg

Completed voicing of my speakers with my Sony TA-AX44 amp and Marantz CD5400 player for my living room. The simulated respsonse is finalized as below,

hsvw1u.png

FMs can listen now with the current setup.

Completed voicing of my speakers with my Sony TA-AX44 amp and Marantz CD5400 player for my living room. The simulated respsonse is finalized as below,

hsvw1u.png

FMs can listen now with the current setup.

Congratulations Mr. Hari I am just a normal music fan not too techie. But it says first impression is the last impression and if you had not mentioned anything surely would have taken as from some high brand denish /British speakers.
Congratulations once again. Pl share the sound experience. Eagerly waiting.

Congratulations Mr. Hari I am just a normal music fan not too techie. But it says first impression is the last impression and if you had not mentioned anything surely would have taken as from some high brand denish /British speakers.
Congratulations once again. Pl share the sound experience. Eagerly waiting.

Listening experience- I will leave that to FMs to listen and write.

To summarize my experience -

- Tight bass with no boominess or extended hangover or colouration.
- Smooth mellow mids with feeling of openness and vastness without any associated harshness
- Highs are clean and detailed without any siblance or ringing.

Cabinet resonance is excellent without any ringing or overtones.

Overall i am satisfied with the current voicing of the speaker with my current setup. I have used my own Room EQ for adjusting the baffle step correction for my room. Once i order the 845 tubes will have to do very minor tweaking / correction which i am not sure as of now.

I am planning to measure the speakers this weekend and will post the measured response if possible.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back