A Noob in need: Which speakers?

Bestunta

Hi!

So I have been slowly building up my system.
Started with a Little Dot DAC_I and the Little Dot MKIV, with a Macbook Pro at one end (via Toslink cable) and a AKG K 272HD at the other.

I like to use my headphones at night, but during the day I'd rather have them off. Got a good deal for a new NAD C325BEE and bought it. Using it as Power Amp with the Little Dot.

What's missing now are the speakers... I am currently using them with a pair of very weak speakers that came with my DVD player simply because at the moment they are the only ones I have. Of course the whole system doesn't make sense if I don't get some new, better speakers.

My System:
Macbook Pro - Little Dot Dac_I - (Toslink) - Little Dot MKIV - NAD C325BEE - ???

I have narrowed my search down to these:

1. Wharfedale 10.6 (can get them for 730US/pair)
2. Dali Concept 6 (can get them for 565US/pair)
3. Ascend Acoustics 340M (can order them for 780US/pair shipping included)

I intend the system to be mainly for music, not so much for cinema.
I listen to a lot of classical, jazz, funk and rock. I do not need loud techno party killer bass, but I do like a good punch on a funky bassline.

I cannot audition the Ascend Acoustics myself, but have read amazing things about them. Have listened to the other 2 though, but in different shops with different setups.

Can anyone help me out??

Thanks!

Hai Bestunta,

Consider PSB Speakers as they are from NAD's sister concern and are believed to pair well with NAD amps.

N.Murali

Your choice appears fine to me. what help are you expecting esp so because you are located in Macau.

I was just hoping someone might have a similar system and have tried some of the speakers I mentioned.

Hai Bestunta,

Consider PSB Speakers as they are from NAD's sister concern and are believed to pair well with NAD amps.

N.Murali

Thanks Murali! I checked them out following your advice, my only concern is their 4ohm impedance... I was hoping for something higher impedance. The NAD gets a bit hot with the ones I'm currently using (4ohm).

Anyway, I think now I'm really choosing between the Dali Concept 6 + Sub or a Polk RTiA7.

Thanks again.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back