A really interesting and insightful set of short videos on room acoustics

Analogous

I found a really interesting set of videos where I see a lot of care being put into making room acoustics understandable for beginners through insightful demos.
I highly highly recommend it.
Here is the first one below.:

There are a few more on his channel.. Check it out.

Thanks
This is such a good explanation and demo of basic concepts in acoustics. I was familiar with them, but still learnt more.
I am looking at and hearing sounds in my room with enlightened perception!
+1 on recommending it for newbies and veterans.
Thanks for sharing @Vineethkumar01

Vineethkumar01

This is such a good explanation and demo of basic concepts in acoustics. I was familiar with them, but still learnt more.
I am looking at and hearing sounds in my room with enlightened perception!
+1 on recommending it for newbies and veterans.
Thanks for sharing @Vineethkumar01
Thanks @Analogous .Happy to hear that you find it useful. :) If you are interested, do check out all the videos in that series. It is very informative. I haven't seen anyone else explaining basics of acoustics and room acoustics in a simpler but accurate way.
Also check out his website: https://www.tonmeister.ca/
in thr AUDIO section.
There is something there for everyone. :)
At all levels of technical detail.

Analogous

Thanks @Analogous .Happy to hear that you find it useful. :) If you are interested, do check out all the videos in that series. It is very informative. I haven't seen anyone else explaining basics of acoustics and room acoustics in a simpler but accurate way.
Also check out his website: https://www.tonmeister.ca/
in thr AUDIO section.
There is something there for everyone. :)
At all levels of technical detail.
Thanks, I intend to. (One episode a day doses) He is a skilled communicator; (not a common trait among experts)

The man is prolific! This site has something for everyone here, and everywhere!!!

Edit:
His bio mentions that he works in the acoustics department of Bang & Olufsen since 2002. (official job title is... "Tonmeister") His day-to-day work primarily revolves around developing DSP algorithms and running listening tests for prototype automotive audio systems.

Last edited:

Vineethkumar01

Just linking his blog here in case somebody misses it on the main website. It has loads of good info.
I have not seen anybody else explaining DSP, especially signal processing related to filters better in any of the textbooks that I have had to go through during my course work.
I just wish everyone explained such key concepts in such an intuitive way.. :)

Analogous

Just linking his blog here in case somebody misses it on the main website. It has loads of good info.
I have not seen anybody else explaining DSP, especially signal processing related to filters better in any of the textbooks that I have had to go through during my course work.
I just wish everyone explained such key concepts in such an intuitive way.. :)
This link should be added to the section: “Articles and Guides”
Confession: I did not understand most of it. (Too technical for me)

Last edited:

Analogous

There is a whole load of stuff in this site! Fascinating. There is much that I don’t understand too. I just realised I spent two hours exploring and reading…:oops:

Enhance your CD Listening with the versatile and amazing Audiolab 6000CDT Transport.