A review - Yamaha RX V371 paired with Yamaha NS 8390

Is " pupupuchi28 " still on this site?
I am about to join the wonderful world of Pro Sound and I would love to ask if he stills has those Yamaha NS8390. Would you guys think that this set is good for a small room and the intention of using those with movies, videogames and music?:

YAMAHA NS8390
YAMAHA SUBWOOFER YSTSW030
YAMAHA NSP60 (central and back)
YAMAHA Amplifier RXV475

What you guys think? :)

yes el_enemigo,,, i have auditioned this same yamaha system yesterday only..and i was impressed with its sound.
there were 2 more system ....
- polk tsx-330 f.s. with its surround and center package it was costing around 1 lakh.after dis.
but yamaha sound was much balanced ..polk volume and bass were good as the sub. was much powerful than yamaha 030. but the polk sound was disturbing on high vol.
- another system was onkyo floor standers package 8900. the sound was good but again the price tag for this was also 90k approx after dis.
the yamaha package with avr 477 they were offering 78k
but i think there is not much difference btw 477 and 475 ( feature wise ) but can get at much lesser price online ...then the total budget of this package would be around 70k.
i like this yamaha package in this budget very good.
i am also planning to buy this package but before that like to check out few more system..
if anyone has any idea of a package in this budget please suggest ( with floorstanders)

I'm still alive "el_enemigo", tell me what info do you need?

I still have these FS and not parting from them anytime soon.

If you are getting a AVR for the FS then it is good as you will be able to control the 'throw' of the sound through the "Distance" option in the menu. But if you plug it to stereo amps then it may sound a bit 'overwhelmed' for anything less than a hall. Since you mentioned the use is for a small room, therefore you can go for a powerfull bookshelf package.

IMHO the subwoofer and rear channels are not upto the mark, get something else which matches with the FS.

Hi pupupuchi28,

Have you tried pairing Yamaha stereo amps AX series with the FS 8390? My setup is Yamaha AX-496 paired with FS 8390 and am very happy with the sound so far :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back