A simple Audiophile Headphone Suggestion

Sounds like a good plan. I would have suggested HD800 but not sure of the pairing with chord. Also out of two, focus on upscaling one in the future. That way you can have one best set-up rather than diluting both.

HE400s is just the beginning model. I suggest you audition the higher models before deciding on LCD2.

All the best!

Cheers
Satya

Sounds like a good plan. I would have suggested HD800 but not sure of the pairing with chord. Also out of two, focus on upscaling one in the future. That way you can have one best set-up rather than diluting both.

HE400s is just the beginning model. I suggest you audition the higher models before deciding on LCD2.

All the best!

Cheers
Satya
Thanks buddy.
I will audition tomorrow, until n unless HD800 is 2 times better than HD650, i won't buy 800. 800 is 2.5 times price of HD650. So i will look at the Marginal utility function :eek:hyeah:

LCD2 is not in near future, who knows in 2 months there will be better planar magnetic Headphones :)

try the grado sr80i first and then go for audition for any other headphone you may wish.

These are lovely headphones... very natural sounding... and you are looking for openback type right ?

regards

try the grado sr80i first and then go for audition for any other headphone you may wish.

These are lovely headphones... very natural sounding... and you are looking for openback type right ?

regards

Yes open back only, even world's most expensive headphone Sennheiser Orpheus is open back..

kuch to logic hoga :eek:hyeah: i am not an audiophile guy.

How to audition sr80i ? means from where ?

i am not using mine...at the moment.

Yes - kuchh to logic hai...

the grado sr80i is by no means the best in the world but you must listen to it before you buy any other.

It is a simple headphone and does quite a few things right.

some love it - many hate it for its looks. But most find the sound very agreeable.

look around for one - there was one for sale.

regards

i am not using mine...at the moment.

Yes - kuchh to logic hai...

the grado sr80i is by no means the best in the world but you must listen to it before you buy any other.

It is a simple headphone and does quite a few things right.

some love it - many hate it for its looks. But most find the sound very agreeable.

look around for one - there was one for sale.

regards

But after a lot of research, i found out that HD650 is best value for money, it has looks also plus it has very good pairing with MOJO.

i can courier if you like.

you pay courier up down charges..

return the headphone to me in 1 week

is that ok ?

Stumbled upon this thread by I don't know how?

My current gear: DT 990 600ohm on a Maverick D2 or NAD D 3020 or Creative Z or Fiio E09k+ E17 (totally depends on what I want to use them). Been using it for 4 years now. Might actually sell it. Past gear includes an extensively used HD 650 ( loaned from a close friend) on Essence STX, HFi 780 on an iBasso d2, Bose QC2 for starters.

Upgrading to He-400i this month. Friend is getting my blackfriday purchase home :D

For your suggestion:

1)What you like is more important that what you want to like.

2)For me, personally, HD 650 is a little bright on the highs, while the bass is just about enough with good extension. Mids are not great but not recessed like the 990s.

3)Comfort wise, it is more or less equal to dt 990s. I've slept listening heavy metal on both the cans for 3+ hours without sweating my ears(In Chennai it's a big deal).

4)Why I opted for He-400i is because it's better than both dt 990s and the HD 650s. Also, they are not that bright, which is my kind of cans.

More suggestions: If you are someone who loves neutral cans and doesn't mind missing on the lows hitting you deep, then HD 650 is a good bet. However, as I mentioned, I did find the highs a tad bright for my taste. It's 300 ohm and you know it requires a little effort to drive them well.

To conclude: HD 650s will go on sale during September, October before the actual black friday sale begins in the US. You'll get great deals. Another suggestion is, My friend is trying to sell off his HD 650, as he is upgrading to stereo setup.

Guess I helped you somewhere along the post :p gl with your buy!

Stumbled upon this thread by I don't know how?

My current gear: DT 990 600ohm on a Maverick D2 or NAD D 3020 or Creative Z or Fiio E09k+ E17 (totally depends on what I want to use them). Been using it for 4 years now. Might actually sell it. Past gear includes an extensively used HD 650 ( loaned from a close friend) on Essence STX, HFi 780 on an iBasso d2, Bose QC2 for starters.

Upgrading to He-400i this month. Friend is getting my blackfriday purchase home :D

For your suggestion:

1)What you like is more important that what you want to like.

2)For me, personally, HD 650 is a little bright on the highs, while the bass is just about enough with good extension. Mids are not great but not recessed like the 990s.

3)Comfort wise, it is more or less equal to dt 990s. I've slept listening heavy metal on both the cans for 3+ hours without sweating my ears(In Chennai it's a big deal).

4)Why I opted for He-400i is because it's better than both dt 990s and the HD 650s. Also, they are not that bright, which is my kind of cans.

More suggestions: If you are someone who loves neutral cans and doesn't mind missing on the lows hitting you deep, then HD 650 is a good bet. However, as I mentioned, I did find the highs a tad bright for my taste. It's 300 ohm and you know it requires a little effort to drive them well.

To conclude: HD 650s will go on sale during September, October before the actual black friday sale begins in the US. You'll get great deals. Another suggestion is, My friend is trying to sell off his HD 650, as he is upgrading to stereo setup.

Guess I helped you somewhere along the post :p gl with your buy!

Thanks a lot for your insights.

Initially i first thought of going for HE400S. But bass is not that great and i need to change to focus pads to increase bass response.

I am still confused between HE400i and HD650. Both are good. HD650 i can easily audition in B'lore. Wish i can audition HE400i.

Any1 in blore is having HE400i ? i want to check how it sounds with my Chord Mojo :)

Dear Sir

I have a Philips SHP 9000 Model I got for Rs 1600

to my years with some bass boost and a decent headphone amp

It is better than HD650, if you search online at some forums also

you may find some much more experienced people doing the same

comparasion and coming to same conclusion, the material cost

of a 450-500 dollar unit would be like 50 dollars, its the research you

are paying for, there are chinese 50 dollar headphone which also

sound pretty good, dont limit your selection based on price and marketing

same is the case with Bose, their 1700 Dollar 901 contains 20 dollar

drivers ( market price not their manufacturing cost ) listen to low medium

and high budget then make your choice as per your ears only

Robert Bose

I just auditioned HD650, HD800, and HD598 yesterday at B'Lore showroom.
My thoughts :

There is not such big difference between HD650 and 800.
Please forgive me if i am too harsh, i found 800 to be too big for my head.

There is a big improvement from 598 to 650 in terms of clarity, bass.

I am going for HD650.

Even the showroom guy was amazed by the performance of MOJO with HD650.:yahoo:

Guys, i bought the HD650.

Super happy, best value for money.

Only con is :

HD650 lacks that sub-bass which you feel while listening to a very good 2.1 with a nice SUB at low volume.

MOJO+HD650 Nice combo for my office use :D

Have fun listening to the new headphones.
With headphones one can get carried away; please remember to protect your ears.

Cheers,
Raghu

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back