A slacker extraordinaire's new home theatre

vishalrao

Decided to replace my current setup consisting of an LG C1 48 OLED and a Yamaha YHT 196 HTiB with the following:

* Sony A80K 65 inch OLED.
* Denon X550BT 5.2 ch. AVR.
* Sony UBP X700 4K UHD blu ray player.
* IndiqAudio 2.0 ch. Diamond Achal floor standing speakers.

Should be getting the stuff delivered over the next few days except the Achals due in a month's time. Yet to buy the TV, plan to do it in the next couple of days.

To start with... Look what happened earlier today 🤣

Will post pics shortly, need to resize.

Here you go!

IMG_20221125_170831568.jpgIMG_20221125_170821374.jpgIMG_20221125_165602216.jpgIMG_20221125_165627127.jpg

And they're here!

View attachment 73970View attachment 73971View attachment 73972View attachment 73973

Very happy with these.

There's about 40 hours burn in run time remaining but already sound great.

Sorry I can't elaborate further with technical audiophile lingo haha.
Vishal, welcome to the club and congrats on your decision. I think these are diamonds, I have platinum and mishra 2.0. How was your buying experience? Are these grills standard or have you had them customised? To improve the performance even more, kindly adjust the positioning.

Yes diamonds... Grills are standard available as an option from a few designs.

I've now placed them symmetrical and with woofers inwards.

Yes diamonds... Grills are standard available as an option from a few designs.

I've now placed them symmetrical and with woofers inwards.
Nice. Even I turned them towards each other for a more rounded bass. Would you be in the position to share your initial impressions?

Well I'm not sure how to put it in words but it reminds me of when I first tried a good set of senheisser earphones many years ago.

You hear notes and instruments that you never heard before from the same tracks, but with the added benefit of the bass response.

Well I'm not sure how to put it in words but it reminds me of when I first tried a good set of senheisser earphones many years ago.

You hear notes and instruments that you never heard before from the same tracks, but with the added benefit of the bass response.
Happy to hear you are enjoying the setup. Please keep this thread updated with your experiments and experience

So looks like Amit may be right to suggest I get a sub too. Especially since I have a strong preference for deep bass lol.

The speakers bass response is good while playing at mid-high volumes but at mid-low level, like while I play music all night when I sleep, I think a dedicated sub would sweeten things.

Any suggestions for a sub?

I saw Mission MS 450 which goes as low as 25hz while many others rated down to 35hz only.

I don't plan to set the sub level more than halfway, just want to hear deep clean bass, not necessarily room and bone shaking response.

So looks like Amit may be right to suggest I get a sub too. Especially since I have a strong preference for deep bass lol.

The speakers bass response is good while playing at mid-high volumes but at mid-low level, like while I play music all night when I sleep, I think a dedicated sub would sweeten things.

Any suggestions for a sub?

I saw Mission MS 450 which goes as low as 25hz while many others rated down to 35hz only.

I don't plan to set the sub level more than halfway, just want to hear deep clean bass, not necessarily room and bone shaking response.
They typically need 40-60 hours of break in time, that's what I was told. 4 hours a day spread across 2 weeks did the trick for me

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back