A startup system for music

Hi,

Just starting on this and moving on for a basic Phillips HTIB. been advised on the following:

Yamaha RN803 receiver with either Polk RTIA1 OR Yamaha NS333 if I head for bookshelves
For towers Yamaha NS F777 or Polk R500

There is also an option of a sub woofer SW50 if I chose the bookshelves.

Now my budget is sub Rs 1 lakh. I need it only for music. The source will generally be music streaming services. The room is rectangle and around 300 sq feet.

Any suggestions ? My first. Hence do not want a complicated system.
I have a 6 month old Wharfedale Diamond 11.2 which I may let go. Pls PM if interested

A 100% polyester rug should never be used. Ideally use a rug of natural fibre like cotton, silk, jute, etc
I didn’t notice it was polyester. I had one from them with cotton, and it was no longer listed in ikeas website. So I thought this was a replacement. But anyway high pile is important as it absorbs more

I don’t like thick pads under rugs because insects start breeding in those pads, especially in Mumbai which has high humidity and high dust levels. A good thick plain cotton or wool carpet works fine for me

The Op has specifically asked for a simple solution (ie 1 box).

I think Rasberry Pi + DAC starts becoming quite complicated for a newbie.

The Yamaha RN-602 is indeed a cheaper option.
So is the Yamaha WXA-50

Found some indicative prices while googling. Pls note that I have no experience in buying from these websites, so please do your due diligence.

The thing with raspberry pi is once set, you can forget it. It has less problems than a standalone device in terms of usage. It’s a computer which is meant to be used fro several purposes and therefore the failure rate is relatively low. But you are right about one box solution. It’s a two box solution with a little bit of fiddling expercted in the beginning.

My experience has been a bit different. I have tried it and much prefer a natural fibre carpet.

Simplest solution would be QA M20 HD.

To answer your original query, Marantz 7000N would also be good alternative to Yammy.

For speakers, Pl check out Indiq Bookshelves and Mission QX2.
To the OP, if you are just starting out I'd second the Indiq option especially if you can't audition. Their 15 day return policy is unmatched. Unless you are not very picky buying speakers without listening can lead to disappointment.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back