A teeny weeny issue with Lionsgate Play

Aspect ratio to original in settings is not changing anything?
no, sir. it is in original.
just now tried on desktop browser also.
it is the app doing this... :(

Apparently it is an irritant with most streamers :(

Try cinema zoom.
The in-built streaming apps on the A80J don't allow aspect ratio change, only external devices can change aspect ratios.

Thanks, both.
Confirmed that it is a streaming app bug - even the YT movies version is the same zoomed + cropped format, sadly.
Got a 4K bluray remux file, and the amount of the frame eaten up in the streaming AR is stunning... Robs almost every scene of its impact. :(

Which is why I buy blue ray discs in recent times. In my PS4 it is played better than any ott can play the same movie titles. But each br disc is costly. When it comes for sale under 500 or 1k, I buy them.

Which is why I buy blue ray discs in recent times. In my PS4 it is played better than any ott can play the same movie titles. But each br disc is costly. When it comes for sale under 500 or 1k, I buy them.
I couldn't agree more, thats why i got my fav movies on 4K blu-rays & they are stunning on the right setup.

I couldn't agree more, thats why i got my fav movies on 4K blu-rays & they are stunning on the right setup.
Looks like the way to go :(

I knew streaming services had a long way to go in audio quality, but this aspect of the VQ has come as a bit of a surprise.

On another note, where do you source discounted BRs from in India?

Looks like the way to go :(

I knew streaming services had a long way to go in audio quality, but this aspect of the VQ has come as a bit of a surprise.

On another note, where do you source discounted BRs from in India?
I get my 4k blu-rays from US/UK, as 4k blu-rays are region free, there is no stress.
Whenever a friend/relative is coming down, i always ship few of my fav movies from Amazon US/UK.
Cause of the Pandemic the visits are lesser but just got Daniel Craig James Bond collection on 4k Blu-ray & the picture & sound quality is spectacular especially on Dolby Vision.

I get my 4k blu-rays from US/UK, as 4k blu-rays are region free, there is no stress.
Whenever a friend/relative is coming down, i always ship few of my fav movies from Amazon US/UK.
Cause of the Pandemic the visits are lesser but just got Daniel Craig James Bond collection on 4k Blu-ray & the picture & sound quality is spectacular especially on Dolby Vision.
Makes sense!

Earlier today, I learnt that not only do streamers screw up stuff, but licenced reproducers too!

Basically streamers are good only for their original DA-DV or UHD content.

The rest of their library is just fake cheese :(

I stressed too much about the rig, but now realise I really need to invest a decent sum in physical sources too :)

Makes sense!

Earlier today, I learnt that not only do streamers screw up stuff, but licenced reproducers too!

Basically streamers are good only for their original DA-DV or UHD content.
Stick to this. If you are into AV, subscribe/watch NF, AP, HS, SL, etc, only for their original content only.
The rest of their library is just fake cheese :(

I stressed too much about the rig, but now realise I really need to invest a decent sum in physical sources too :)
Me personally, i am looking for BR players and BRs, generally.

What triggered this second outburst, some may ask. Got a Mubi subscription, at a discount inside prime.
Found a title i wanted to watch, and lo and behold, am disoriented from minute 1.

For a moment, i think, okay, is this a 5:3 movie?

After three-four minutes, i just can't stomach it, the visuals are an assault on the senses.

I pause and look up the pic's aspect ratio.
It is a cinemascope movie for crying out loud!

And Amazon Prime's Mubi interface has made it 5:3.

Now of that is not extreme, i dont know what is.

Terrible.

A kind request to mods,
Is it at all possible to make the topic ...with streaming platforms instead of lionsgate?

Everyone's guilty is what i have realised since posting the original thread.
Regards

The lionsgate play has a big ugly logo. This has kept me from subscribing to the channel. Watching through Airtel xstream.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back