A treat for the Pune audiophiles 12-14 October 2017, Conrad

I was there with fm beginner_in and went to totem room and another room at 9th floor. We have been told today is more of dealers session so back home

I was there with fm beginner_in and went to totem room and another room at 9th floor. We have been told today is more of dealers session so back home

That is sad indeed.
I was there from. Morning on duty in 9005 room.
Elac Adante and Hegel and Discovery was being played. You are most welcome... I am here, so is Mr. JONES.... kindly visit...

That is sad indeed.

I was there from. Morning on duty in 9005 room.

Elac Adante and Hegel and Discovery was being played. You are most welcome... I am here, so is Mr. JONES.... kindly visit...

I was looking for you b. I was there in 9002 with fm amit and beginner_in.

After attending 9001 and listening to the dealers meeting (which otherwise i was assuming to be a demo), i was simply waiting to get over... but feeling that it may end late i managed to ask and leave from there. They i went circles to find the entry people who had given the visitor pass. They said today is mainly dealers meet, now it would be lunch time , then a common presentaion at ground floor and then all will check out.

The ground crew was not having any much informtion.
The 5 rooms/suites where different brands had their setup, there is no clue on reaching that area if thats the real room or not. No inviting sign.

I then left.
The Kei team had given some envelope after saying i m member of hifivision. I am now opening that and it has the schedule details. No use now. Somebody could have shared it...

Secondly people ask are you retailer or dealer as soon as they greet you etc.... what nonsense.
Nothing uninviting for a normal person interested in music. Seeems this was purely for dealers. I dont know who was speaking but as a normal person on lookout for listening demo, i was least interested in his marketing speech and his glorified inventions.

I know this all may be sounding harsh, but that i felt. Whats the use of keeping on thu fri full day n sat half day. Most normal working people would come on sat and there is no intimation that sat is dealer focussed.

In short, the hotel was looking good than the event.

Sent from Note5

All the description above would look incomplete if no photo is attached. However I am facing difficulty in merging photo in this message

Sharing some pictures I received from friend-

6ygklz.jpg

2i7v9n7.jpg

2ni1ph5.jpg

10wtsph.jpg

2mpijpf.jpg

29xf3g8.jpg

23htwqt.jpg

faonzs.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry about that Amit. I was audio enthu and tried to help. .... Vivek

Hi Vivek,
Thanks for the initiative for posting regarding this event even though it was primarily for industry professionals. Though some among us faced confusion /disappointment, I feel these things can happen due to informal nature of arrangement, and I take such things in stride :). Can't blame the reception guys since they probably had no clue of this informal arrangement. Thanks to meeting luckily with FMs Denom and Hemant, who guided me to where the action was.

Thanks also to FM Bhagwan for being available and opening this event for audio enthusiasts who otherwise would have missed a rare opportunity to meet the legendary Mr. Andrew Jones. It was a humbling experience for me to talk to a legend, so down to earth, and full of youthful exuberance despite of many decades of experience behind him... I was expecting a cold, analytical professor type person who would be short on words to explain things :).

Regards,

Last edited:
Adante demo was great experience! I will post my impressions shortly (Diwali activities keeping me busy ?)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back