A Very Effective (No Cost) Tweak For Dual Terminal Speakers

afj

I guess a lot of guys out there are doing this but for those that dont - this is a must - very audible difference. Just take the brass jumpers off and connect it fully with copper speaker wires

When i first got my speakers i tried it out. With the jumpers on i connected it to the uppers first and the bass was flabbier. when i switched it the other way around the bass became tighter but the highs got thinner and a little harsher. did away with the jumpers and the got rid of the flabby bass and the thinner highs

Attachments

• IMG00437-20101125-2028.jpg
    IMG00437-20101125-2028.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 101
I could be wrong, but isn't this connection always required in case you are not Bi-Amping? At least for M34i and M35i, it comes supplied with 2 bridge clips avoiding the need of any extra wires to be connected and all the installations I've seen had this bridge clips connected.

I could be wrong, but isn't this connection always required in case you are not Bi-Amping? At least for M34i and M35i, it comes supplied with 2 bridge clips avoiding the need of any extra wires to be connected and all the installations I've seen had this bridge clips connected.

well what you need to do is take off the bridge clips and use speaker wire for better sq

well what you need to do is take off the bridge clips and use speaker wire for better sq

I re-read your first post and got it right after I posted my reply.

I haven't tried it, but is this yet another case of placebo effect (I'm sorry, no offense meant). Seriously how much resistance/inductance difference can a bar of brass/copper vs speaker wire connection make for such a short length?

I re-read your first post and got it right after I posted my reply.

I haven't tried it, but is this yet another case of placebo effect (I'm sorry, no offense meant). Seriously how much resistance/inductance difference can a bar of brass/copper vs speaker wire connection make for such a short length?

imo the difference is very much audible. and leaves me wondering why manufacturers dont do it in the first place

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back