A very rough patch in hi-fi journey, reinstating my Onkyo AVR TX-NR 818 - Need help!!

Re: A very rough patch in hi-fi journey, reinstating my Onkyo AVR TX-NR 818 - Need he

Not the picture tube. It is in perfect and new condition as when it was bought.

It is the board. No one is able to figure out the problem. It is one of these dual track boards. I have bought a digi comb board from china - Rs 4000, new spares - Rs 1000, coils - Rs 500, service and shipping charges - Rs 4000 near abouts.

Places I took it for service with no result:

1) Panasonic Service Centre Bangalore - failed
2) High Technician local - failed
3) SP Road Technician - failed
4) All Karnataka Technicians group (Top notch guy) - failed
5) Kerala Technician (Incompetent) - failed
6) Panasonic Service Centre Thrissur - failed

NO RESULT. STILL HAVE THE TV SITTING AT HOME. I AM STILL TEMPTED AS IT WAS A TOP NOTCH TV OF ITS TIME. (cry cry cry).

So sorry to hear your trouble...You took it to 6 different places and still couldn't trace the issue :sad:

Wish you good luck

Re: A very rough patch in hi-fi journey, reinstating my Onkyo AVR TX-NR 818 - Need he

So sorry to hear your trouble...You took it to 6 different places and still couldn't trace the issue :sad:

Wish you good luck

No more luck. It is a dead and sitting duck. No one is competent enough to fix it.

Understand.. BTW how did you manage to carry it to 6 different places ?

Tried it in Bangalore hence the bangalore people. Then got shifted to Thrissur. Even then took it to Bangalore by dismantling the entire board, yoke etc, packed it and then carried it to Bangalore for service. I have done this at least 5 times.

Tried it in Bangalore hence the bangalore people. Then got shifted to Thrissur. Even then took it to Bangalore by dismantling the entire board, yoke etc, packed it and then carried it to Bangalore for service. I have done this at least 5 times.

You have taken lot of efforts in reinstating that.. But feel sorry for you..

I have seen you & and an other FM audiodoc posting some solutions on panel failure threads.. Truly appreciate you guys [emoji106]

We can TRUST you guys more than the poorly skilled so called "technicians"..At-least you ppl give a sense of confidence for some solution..[emoji485] [emoji483] [emoji482] [emoji481] [emoji484]

Last edited:

Sorry to hear that.lts just one moment and you loose all beloved stuffs.
Really sad.l wonder what about Dish antenna which almost every one has,running from top of house to TV.
It can easily attract lightening?

Sorry to hear that.lts just one moment and you loose all beloved stuffs. Really sad.

Thx Spiro.. Its been a year.. So feeling much better now...

Btw don't see you active these days here...

l wonder what about Dish antenna which almost every one has,running from top of house to TV. It can easily attract lightening?

Not sure.. These are made of aluminium, don't think they are great conductor of lightning..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back