Repair: Pioneer LX 86 Receiver (Need a dead one or HDMI board)

john mathew

Hi All,
Recently I got a LX 86 AVR from a forum friend. It was with him in storage for some time. I took it to check it and want to buy incase of working perfect.(Ofcourse he didn't charge anything for it)

It was ok at the starting but after heating up(some 30 min) showing an issue. Losing the audio completely. After switching off and giving some time for cooling AVR will work normal and again the same issue will start.

Gave it to service center and they are saying it's HDMI Board issue and need to replace it. But very difficult to source it as it's an old model.

Looking for a same model dead avr or a HDMI board if anyone have. Or if any chance to source a new board please advise. (If it's affordable)

Thanks,
John Mathew

You can write to Pioneer directly and they can arrange something. It may need some time, but you can try. I have heard Yamaha Japan arranging a board for FM. May Pioneer helps you out

You can write to Pioneer directly and they can arrange something. It may need some time, but you can try. I have heard Yamaha Japan arranging a board for FM. May Pioneer helps you out
I will try that option too. But first need to try my luck.
Earlier I sourced a volume control IC for my arcam amp. It was costing just 2.5 dollar their. But when it reached here I paid around 16k total, including shipping and our customs charges. It was for a small chip. If a whole HDMI board comes....

I will try that option too. But first need to try my luck.
Earlier I sourced a volume control IC for my arcam amp. It was costing just 2.5 dollar their. But when it reached here I paid around 16k total, including shipping and our customs charges. It was for a small chip. If a whole HDMI board comes....

Check on OLX for your specific location, I am sure there would be resellers selling sometimes amps / avrs for parts. Being an old model, you may not get the board readily available unless there is some forum member who keeps travelling to South East Asia and pick the required board for you which should work out cheaper. Check all options.

To be honest, AVRs which have been manufactured over the last 10-15 years nowadays come up with the HDMI board issue and it becomes expensive to replace as not easily available. AVRs if used carefully in the right manner can last easily 3-6 years or more. That is why most of us keep changing AVRs after a certain period of time, not because of an upgrade itch!

Check on OLX for your specific location, I am sure there would be resellers selling sometimes amps / avrs for parts. Being an old model, you may not get the board readily available unless there is some forum member who keeps travelling to South East Asia and pick the required board for you which should work out cheaper. Check all options.

To be honest, AVRs which have been manufactured over the last 10-15 years nowadays come up with the HDMI board issue and it becomes expensive to replace as not easily available. AVRs if used carefully in the right manner can last easily 3-6 years or more. That is why most of us keep changing AVRs after a certain period of time, not because of an upgrade itch!
I will try that option. Hope something will come.
I heard this AVR is really good and that's the reason of taking the chance. It was well maintained too.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back