A wonderful afternoon with Tannoy/Olive/Beyerdynamic at Acoustic ArtsCR Park, Delhi

subhobh

I was never ever a Tannoy lover or wanted to buy this British heritage. However my perception somehow changed after the last audition at Acoustic Arts. Mr. Pratim Bayal from Kolkata actually wanted to audition their Turnberry Speakers. Hence, he came down to Delhi to audition these along with some more brands of speakers. Obviously I couldnt resist myself to join him!! After all as its my first love.

I reached Acoustic Arts showroom in CR Park at 1ish. The audition was already going on, so just joined the session. The setup was, Tannoy Turnberry speakers (Tannoy - Residential - Summary) with their super twitter (Tannoy - Residential - Summary). The speakers ware paired with a KT Audio 75W Tube integrated amplifier and Olive O6HD Music Server (OLIVE | PRODUCTS) as source.

For Turnberry speakers, what I can say is Big Sound Big Boxes. These speakers run with a Dual Concentric 10 driver, a recognized symbol of acoustic performance and sonic reproduction elite. Due to Dual-Concentric unit, the sound accuracy is nearly perfect. If you love classical music and analogue sound, this would be your choice. The coaxial loading allows for a sonic reproduction with an extreme natural sound, never leaking the brightness and the brittle of real, day by day life. The Bass is big and bulky but never boomy. I so wanted to own this unit after auditioning it for the first time.

Mr. Sidharth Chhibber (Sunny), founder and director of Acoustic Arts is also an excellent demonstrator and host! Since we dripped in at lunch hours, he personally arranged proper 4 main course grand Indian lunch. Wow! We had lunch with Naveen Sridhar (Sales Manager of Beyerdynamic) and Krishna Pratap Singh (Sales and technical manager of Tannoy).

At the end Sunny played us his personal studio monitors (Tannoy - Studio Summary). Those are literally huge and bulky square speakers with inbuilt stands. According to Sunny the sound is like an experience of riding a 1200CC motorbike and I wont argue!! Wow, its dynamically superb and the sound was very punchy. He said, as these are not under production anymore, he has saved a sealed pair for himself to enjoy it after his retirement! I am jealous!

Finally we tried Beyerdynamic headphone. Wow, phenomenal and very smooth sound with superb built quality!! Surprisingly I found the price is to be very affordable! They also have headphone amplifier for their audiophile headphones, as those headphones require powerful input.

I also found Olive Music Servers (OLIVE | SAVE THE SOUND) to be very handy way to store and listen to music and maintain inventory. The prices are reasonable to little e higher side though. But I might end up buying something like this on a longer run.

About Acoustic Arts (acoustic-arts.com/), they are situated on C. R. Park. And Mr. Sidharth Chhibber (Sunny) is the founder and Director. They are also one of the oldest distributors in Delhi and deals with both residential and commercial products. Along with Tannoy, Beyerdynamic and Olive they are also distributer of Krell amplifier, Velodyne Sub and many more brands.

I think thats enough to sum up, I dont want to sound like a brand ambassador of neither Tannoy nor Acoustic Arts?, but just wanted to share my experience to everyone. It was a wonderful afternoon and we really enjoyed the session.

As an ending note, I would day serious music enthusiastic people should give it a try!! Yes thats Tannoy and may be Olive. Headphone audio enthusiastic should look at Beyerdynamic.

You can visit Acoustic Arts @ Acoustic Arts to get more information. Thanks for reading.

Re: A wonderful afternoon with Tannoy/Olive/Beyerdynamic at Acoustic ArtsCR Park, De

Three threads for same topic?
T7mSw.png

Re: A wonderful afternoon with Tannoy/Olive/Beyerdynamic at Acoustic ArtsCR Park, De

@ subhobh .... you should have announced this kinda auditions as others could have liked to join in too ......... :sad:

Nice of you to share the experience.
If he does go for a tannoy, hope he can make jump for a Canterbury. I big tannoy is an epitome of what a tannoy should be.
Cheers

Last edited:

Just to add what Subho has described

I arranged the trip in very short time and could only inform Subho with whom I was in touch through bbm. This was purely an audio trip.

It was an excellent auditioning session. The Turnberrys were burnt in for only 10 hours . What I know ,it was a new piece and was only set up for the first time for my Delhi trip. After proper burn in , it will open up more , if we were to go by Mr. Sunny's experience.

While listening to big 215 DMT Tannoy studio monitors ( these Mr. Sunny uses for his own ) It was never appearing to be a speaker audition - It was TRUELY expereincing LIVE performance -

We also went to Lakozy Delhi ( for PSB synchrony ) and Bass n Treble ( for Ascendo ) - They are good speaker specially the Ascendo C5 and c8.

I also had the opportunity to listen Vinay Arora's system ( cybervinay in the forum ) - Nice emotional music - Tannoy Drivers , Tube amps / Luxman solid state , and Garrad 401/301 and a passionate host like Vinay - it was an excellent blend of music and soul. Vinay is a nice gentleman and really spends time in this hobby

Subho guided me all the way wherever we wanted to audition in Delhi/ Gurgaon in very little time.

Cheers

Three threads copied in three different forum sections - is this a paid marketing campaign? :eek:hyeah:

--G

Hmmm.. Pratim although I was aware about your visit in advance, but I could not be present and accompany you due to my pre-fixed visit to Banaglore.

I also like to audition Tannoy Turnberry some day. The place and owner is known to me. Specially I have strong desire to listen Turnberry after reading Dr. Bass and Asit's impression.

Regards

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back