A year with the Clearaudio Concerto & The Clearaudio Ambient

This sounds really bad.

"The unfortunate has happened." Sounds like the understatement of all time.

If you can bare to tell the details, how can one woman with one duster cause so much damage? Although, I am already imagining that dusters and styli don't mix well.

Really sorry for your disaster.

This sounds really bad.

"The unfortunate has happened." Sounds like the understatement of all time.

If you can bare to tell the details, how can one woman with one duster cause so much damage? Although, I am already imagining that dusters and styli don't mix well.

Really sorry for your disaster.

dude, i really do not know what happpened... I simply forgot to lock my listening room one night.... had put an acrylic cover on the TT.. but the next morning the cover was off and the deed clearly was done... the chic clearly is too serious to conduct mischief... she thought it is a good idea to dust and clean room thyat is usually is locked... that's it... being new, she probably wasn't briefed by the wifey....

Last edited:
Manav,
This is termed as kaam tamaam karna. Your new maid ne kaam tamaam kar diya. Please tell her clearly to stay three feet away from your rig!
Is the cartridge damaged or the pick up arm? How will you get it repaired?
This is tragic.
But cheer up since you are working on your slate plinth :)

I'm sure the maid will (of still be employed) be terrified to touch anything in the house now.

I destroyed a portable stereo cassette player once. Stupidly designed, there was another socket that the mains cable fitted. Even though it was not particularly "high end" it's value would have been two or three months of my wages at that time. I was about 20 and had only just started working. It's owner took it very well. So, I can feel for how this girl must be feeling.

I'm sure the maid will (of still be employed) be terrified to touch anything in the house now.

I destroyed a portable stereo cassette player once. Stupidly designed, there was another socket that the mains cable fitted. Even though it was not particularly "high end" it's value would have been two or three months of my wages at that time. I was about 20 and had only just started working. It's owner took it very well. So, I can feel for how this girl must be feeling.

ya she is a bit terrified... I actually didn't yell or scream at her, as I knew that her intention was not to cause harm.... Just sensitized her to the price etc... now she steers far from the music room :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Clearaudio Concerto has been sent for a re-tip (along with a Vintage Ortofon SPU that G401Fan gave me)...

I had been listening to my vinyl using a Clearaudio Aurum Classic MM cartrige. While its a pricey and really great MM (one of the best MM's), my ears are now finely tuned to even minor SQ changes... There is a certain kind of texture that MM's have that I am not quite used to...

Fortunately, another FM - Shankar was selling a Lyra Lydian Beta MC cart at a decent price, so decided to go for it, as I had heard a Lyra Kleos on another Clearaudio deck a few months back.

It reached me promptly, yesterday (thanks Shankar, you are super!). I reached home at 11pm. Despite being tired, I was way too excited about it and set it up!

Then, as soon as the needle dropped, I knew I was onto a very special cartrdge!

I kept listening to music till the wee hours of the morning. And as the cart settled in I started loving this cart more and more!

While it is nowhere as detailed and airy as the Clearaudio Concerto, not is it as extended on the LF. Mind you, it is not bass shy either!

It does have a wonderfully lush presentation. A superb mid-range! With just the right sort of warmth.

In short, very, very musical and enjoyable!

This one is easily becoming one of my fav cartriges!

Congrats Manav for Lyra cart. It is indeed a very good cart. And specially, the deal was one of the quickest and at unbelievable price. You can give the bundled Project phono either free or at equally unbelievable price to somebody.:lol:

Last edited:
On some extended listening and tweaking of my phono setting, there is unbelievable extension across the frequency extremes as well!

This is a GREAT cart!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back