About to pull the trigger on KEF R300

noblejose

Hi all,

I'm planning to upgrade my KEF Q300 to R300. Done few rounds of audition and liked the R300 very much..

I'm planning to pair it with my Marantz PM7004, and source will be Arcam irDAC and Pioneer BDP-170. I took my electronics to showroom and tried the R300 on my setup and that was a great step up in quality, musicality, separation and what not!

I'm planning to keep them with me for a long long time... trying to find all reasoning to stretch my budget for these beauty.

Heard very good comments from many folks who own them, any more comments/ ideas? Any first-hand experience pls?
Thanks!

I had auditioned the R300s almost 6 months back in the ProFX center in Phoenix. Since then, they have move the R300s to the Barton center showroom and have the R700s in Mahadevpura showroom (they moved out of Phoenix). I think I liked the R300s reasonably but the R700s were too bright! They had paired it with Denon amps (pre/power separates) and it just killed the soul of Jagjit's voice.

Now I do not remember R300s well enough so may go to Barton center to check on them but KEFs are increasingly getting sidelined in my preferences due to their bright signature.

Suggest you to check NHT Superzeros and Superones once. Superzeros are priced around 29k.
Higher-end Bookshelves are NHT Classic Three Speakers (approx Priced 1,10,000/-) can check reviews online.
Review Superzeros -http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/65131-help-advise-suggestions-2-1-a-4.html#post718663

Last edited:
I was in same boat as you are now , till the fresh winds of purer sound changed by direction and made me land in shores of Acoustic Portrait.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

I loved KEF R300 when I auditioned at Profx Mumbai. I felt it had amazing sound stage and clarity. Quite expensive though so did not pick it up as yet. Also I need to wall mount like I have done my existing Polk RtiA3. ProFx will offer you minimum 15% discount and 20% if you bargain well.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back