Absolute Phase brings TEAC to India Once again

Good news. So it is now much easier to own this fantastic DAC without any importing/ customs / warranty hassles.

:)

But seriously, this is a serious DAC.
Anyone who wishes to try it at my home is welcomed.

I would love to see the Distinction series fromTeac make its way into India . Esoteric played a big part in designing the Distinction line

I had the entire TEAC Separates in the early 90;s - Speakers, CDP , Turntable, Cassette and Tuner.
They were built well but somehow Teac lost its way from the mid 90's until 2011 .

They concentrated more on the lo-fi mini component and lifestyle products and kept the Hifi for the Esoteric brnd

Its nice to see them back in the Hifi game after almost 2 decades

Teac was a very highly reputed name once upon a time. Let's hope Teac is 'back in the business' with this series.

Look forward to some reviews by any of our FMs.

71K is a very good price for it unless you hand carry it back from Singapore ..shipped + customs will make it more expensive and painful.

some really nice reviews and good to see the prices of DACs coming down with great improvement in sound to boot !!

That computer audio setup is going to be less expensive soon :)

That computer audio setup is going to be less expensive soon :)

Computer Audio was always much much cheaper than LP's & CD's

The Most Expensive part of my Audio Set up is the Software - CD's i.e.
I have spent more on my CD's than I have on Audio Gear.

When you play the Computer Audio Game - that cost becomes almost 'zero'
There is so much music out there & so much that can be shared.

Besides, under 2 Lacs - one can now have a top end Computer [pair in my case] & a averagely good DAC & you are 60 to 70 % 'there' !

Absolute Phase - Good Job;

All the Best !

May you do well...

Great news, earlier we had access to Teac mostly in the United States market.

However on another note, wonder if the Teac of today is anywhere near to what it used to be in the past.

Great news, earlier we had access to Teac mostly in the United States market.

However on another note, wonder if the Teac of today is anywhere near to what it used to be in the past.

I would think yes (in terms of Quality Components). while their high end Esoteric brand did well they might have lost out on the lower segment and am sure this is their way of getting back in this segment. I am sure there is a lot of trickle down tech in the electronics
the esoteric would still have far superior materials/vibration control/power supply etc

Of the course the above is just an opinion :) and I am drawing from what we see about Luxman..another resurrected Brand

Last edited:
Audi & Skoda
That is what Esoteric & Teac are;
Audi [Esoteric] does the top end
Skoda [Teac] does the mid segment

They have divided the market along the price point.
Just like Pioneer & TAD.

All said, the Teac products are nice.
This particular series is great price to performance;

My take: If they put the same DAC in Esoteric cabinet, they could probably sell it for a lot more. I am very pleased with its performance. I am leaving home early these days!
This Japanese report puts UD-501 ahead of Eso D07X, QuteHD etc so I think they might have given more weightage to "VFM".

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back