Absolute Phase soft launches the Linn Akurate DS with the Akurate 5-way Aktive system

Re: Absolute Phase soft launches the Linn Akurate DS with the Akurate 5-way Aktive sy

Hi was the cd player which was used for comparison cost as much as the Akurate DS?

Prem the Cdp was the Majik CDP (2000 pounds), yes at that time we did not have th Akurate CDP to compare with the DS, Adolfo mentioned to the gathering that that would have been the right comparision. Will be getting the Akurate CDP soon. Even then the Akurate DS will win hands down.

Also on the way is the Majik DS & as I have the Majik CDP, it will be a on par comparision.

Re: compared to other high end set ups you may have heard ???

Sir,

This would classify as a hi-end set up - I am sure.
25L +++ in all probability.

So what did the forum members think ?

I am sure many persons present at the 'lovely meet' were 'seasoned' audiophiles who must have heard several high end set ups of simmilar or higher value & how would they rate this sound ?

I think most discussions on this forum are low-fi / mid-fi set ups. This is one of few high end set ups that has been posted here. Very Very Good !
I sure would like to wish P.V. all the best in his venture. I am sure he will sell many.............

I just wanted to make 1 small point - maybe the Linn Unidisc was needed to play against the DS. Opinion ? The MagiK is a 'lower down' the order CD Player - I think............

Thanks. The Unidisk is not the right source to compare the Akurate DS, its the Akruate CDP. Yes this is a very expensive system. I guess it will sound far superior once I complete the burn-in

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back