Absolute Sound - Kii Audio Three Room

Nikhil

Staff member
Kii Audio full setup with Kii Three + BXT Bass Modules
This is at the new room setup by the D&D in Surat - looking forward to making a visit here soon.

According to Jignesh the Final RT60 result of the room is very impressive.

0.45 @ 63 Hz
0.40 @ 125 Hz
0.35 @ 250 Hz
0.30 @ 500 Hz & above (flat line)

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-30 at 1.11.06 PM.jpeg

Kii Audio full setup with Kii Three + BXT Bass Modules
This is at the new room setup by the D&D in Surat - looking forward to making a visit here soon.

According to Jignesh the Final RT60 result of the room is very impressive.

0.45 @ 63 Hz
0.40 @ 125 Hz
0.35 @ 250 Hz
0.30 @ 500 Hz & above (flat line)

View attachment 38690

Thanks Nikhil for sharing the RT60 details. BTW, can you also share the plot if possible.

In my room the decay is between 0.6 s to 0.7 second 70 Hz to 10 KHz, I have to check octave-to-octave balance though

In my room the decay is between 0.6 s to 0.7 second 70 Hz to 10 KHz, I have to check octave-to-octave balance though

Hari,
The Absolute Sound's room is treated very carefully. Measurements were taken at every stage of construction. Even the ceiling is like inversed pyramids with the "peaks" facing the floor, and designed to be diffusers (no absorbents used, only thin panels fixed to the frame). The floor below the speakers and equipment rack is isolated from vibrations with a layer of dry sand (just like it is done in recording studios). Excellent RT needs lots of careful room treatment.

Hari,
The Absolute Sound's room is treated very carefully. Measurements were taken at every stage of construction. Even the ceiling is like inversed pyramids with the "peaks" facing the floor, and designed to be diffusers (no absorbents used, only thin panels fixed to the frame). The floor below the speakers and equipment rack is isolated from vibrations with a layer of dry sand (just like it is done in recording studios). Excellent RT needs lots of careful room treatment.
Yes, I understand the ideal RT60 for small living rooms are 0.3s and below that it becomes anechoic chamber. Hence I was curious to see the RT60 graph. I have measured RT60 between 0.6s to 0.7s in my room. This high number is because my room is mostly reflective (more than70%) and only 20% absorption and maybe 10% diffused. Add to that my OB speakers which radiate omnidirectional sound which add to the woes of RT60. For OB you require a more RT60 than a traditional speakers.imo for lively sound. I may experiment by putting some rungs on my center table and dining table to check if that helps in a better RT60 value and post.

Hari,

I may start a different thread on this room if there is interest.
Will share some pictures on the room construction etc if Jignesh is okay with it.

Regards

Edit: This is the new thread created to discuss this room.

Last edited:
Hari,

I may start a different thread on this room if there is interest.
Will share some pictures on the room construction etc if Jignesh is okay with it.

But for now please stay on topic i.e Kii Audio Three.

Regards

Ok, you can consider dele5ing my post if required.

Kinda ironic? such heavily treated room to a speaker which claims it doesn't need one?

BTW, I highly regard jls001 and bhagwan, their stamp of approval is more than enough for janta like me :)

Kinda ironic? such heavily treated room to a speaker which claims it doesn't need one?

TBH I don't have info on the exact setup configuration of this room.
But the reason I mentioned the RT60 numbers was because they are spectacular.
Getting an RT60 of 0.5 is the reference. To go below is pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Thanks Nikhil for sharing. This measurement uses a dedicated RT60 analyser instrument and measures using the impulse method. Pretty medium to heavy treatment for the room which appears quite larger than average Mumbai style homes to me.

Can I post my REW measurements here too? Suggest

Can I post my REW measurements here too? Suggest

Please start a separate thread. Thanks.

This measurement uses a dedicated RT60 analyser instrument and measures using the impulse method. Pretty medium to heavy treatment for the room which appears quite larger than average Mumbai style homes to me.

Yes. This is a dedicated room with a lot of gone in to set it up.
I'm trying to share on here an insight into what goes into doing room treatment.

The room is still a few weeks away from being completed.

Last edited:

BTW, I highly regard jls001 and bhagwan, their stamp of approval is more than enough for janta like me :)

Maybe because a room can be made once and in future there would be other speakers in the room which won't have any room correction features like the KII

Not to take away the focus, from a fabulous room, but I do hope everyone understands that this a commercial venture i.e; a demo room which is financed by margins on sales of Hi-fi equipment of a dealer. In such a scenario significant financial resources can be brought to bear on the design, development, installation of treatments, measurements etc. which may not always be available to a normal person. I would be more interested to learn what can be done to improve and attain these kind of measurements in a domestic environment and not a commercial venture, and more importantly if all the treatment shown in said room is available for sale to music enthusiasts (btw I am not too keen on the interior decoration of this room with all those pine wood (I think that is what it is ) slats- it looks like a sauna to me). There was another post of a room where the owner had done an excellent job it appeared - both acoustically and aesthetically, but later it was disclosed that it was a commercial venture.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back