Accuphase is home

You should add Dynaudio Focus/Contour to the list of possible options.

Thanks Ajay! Contour hits a sweet spot in my books. Heard the Confidence series yesterday. Didn't find it as much to my taste as Contour.

The Harbeths are superb with the Accuphase. I had heard Panditji's (Rahul) Harbeth's at my place with my 460. Superb pairing.

You could probably take your amp over to his place and get a first hand experience! :)

I had a hunch Harbeths would be a good fit for Accuphase. Looks like a listening session of Accuphase + Harbeth is well in order.

Congratulations Ranjeet. That's one hell of an amp. Hope you find a suitable speaker to pair the amp with.

Best,
APK

Thanks buddy!

Gratzies Ranjeetrain!!! pretty sweet looking Accuphase U've got there~!~~!!!

Thanks buddy!

Great going Ranjeet!
Cheers,
Sid

Thanks Sid!

Good show. Accuphase teams up very well with Focal.

Thanks buddy!

I'd be wary of mating Accuphase with Focal. 900 series onwards of Focal can get analytical. Heard them enough to form a good understanding of them. IMPO, they go best with warm electronics. Accuphase lays bare whatever you give them. But again, hifi is a matter of personal choice.

Congratulations! Me jelly! :D

Why jelly? Bring your Jamo and have eargasm for free :lol:

Yeah, sure, will share. I am myself finding it hard to resist the temptation. But, it will have to wait. As a lot of travel is already planned. Would have bought it when I were to be back and stable, but took the offer as the dealer offered a discount that I couldn't refuse :eek:

Oh, I took this photo before I said yes to the amp. More will have to wait :eek:

8356985535_5601aace21_b.jpg

Yup, the sound instantly took me over. Its the closest this I heard next to "no-amp".

I don't have any stereo speakers worthy of Accuphase with me now. I am considering ATC, Evolution Acoustics, Focal, Harbeth, KEF. Don't know what I am gonna end up with. Posted a wanted as well. So, fingers crossed!

Hurray, So so Gorgeous, Especially UV meters are Eye catching.. Great build and no doubt its gonna rock.

I cant stop the excitement, Its something like a Long waiting "Girl Baby/Angel" born and we are far away and which temps to touch,play and see its actions:)

Awaiting for the full setup at home, Enjoy the time:):clapping:

Tried with B&W 805 s and Dali mentor 2 on stand, Focal Jmlab, It drove all well. All these speakers are in different league and different signature of sound sensitivity. With little cable management I found amazing performance. Why there is no accuphase fans club in India? Which is genuine and quite machine reasonable in pleasing the owners.

Thanks bhagwan for 'hijacking' ranjeet's thread :D

Pls start another thread with your views on your current set-up thank you!

Clearcut, your right about Accuphase. The brand needs to be appreciated more as its products are seriously good, fuss free w r t system matching & are built to last.

Ranjeetrain, Great Buy Congratulations !. One of the hallmarks of Accuphase is reserve power and refinement and that makes difficult to drive speakers drive well. B&W 8 series, ATC as well as Dynaudio are all great bets with this for a truly neutral sound (Harbeth IMHO cannot be called neutral although they are good speakers)

B&W's are called many things and most bad names are due to partnering equipment. If i were to take a chance I would take it with an ATC or a B&W !!

Congrats Again

I second that combination of Accuphase and the big B&W speakers. I remember them making real music with the 802s.

Thanks bhagwan for 'hijacking' ranjeet's thread :D

Pls start another thread with your views on your current set-up thank you!

Clearcut, your right about Accuphase. The brand needs to be appreciated more as its products are seriously good, fuss free w r t system matching & are built to last.

100 % Correct Denom;
I have started it on my old thread
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/20096-listening-impression-shantis-system-23.html
Post ## 225.
I will write about the E-550 there.
How it plays with the TAD.
Gerry / Dinyar etc. have visited & listened to it, maybe they would like a pen a few words...

p.s. Sorry for the intrusion here - just that I saw Accuphase - so I jumped in. Not right on my part - I apologize.

Sir,
My opinion on this statement is mixed.
I have very high regard for Accuphase & was very keen on it to come to India.
However, there are 2 major issues I have with it;
a]
Price / Cost
The Products are way too expensive - my Integrated Amplifier [E-550] has a suggested Retail Price in US $'s @ 12/-K or Rs. 7.5 Lacs in India.
All the Accuphase Products are just way too expensive;
b]
Sound
The Accuphase is a nice sounding product, but I feel it is just to polite & gentle.
There is no signature to Accuphase; It just plays.
Some would say that is good that it stays out of the way, but it is just too polite & gentle - almost like a SET - without the mid range 'bloom' !

Tried with B&W 805 s and Dali mentor 2 on stand, Focal Jmlab, It drove all well. All these speakers are in different league and different signature of sound sensitivity. With little cable management I found amazing performance. Why there is no accuphase fans club in India? Which is genuine and quite machine reasonable in pleasing the owners.

Dali Mentor/Helicon are also on my mind. Spcially, I came across a great opportunity on Dali Helicon. A dealer in Bejing is selling them at huge discount. Too bad I ran out of time to make the trip to Beijing to audition/pick them.

Focal are another speakers I love. But Focals can be a royal pain in the back wrt matching. B&Ws are expensive like hell for their performance. So I shy away from them.

Ranjeetrain, Great Buy Congratulations !. One of the hallmarks of Accuphase is reserve power and refinement and that makes difficult to drive speakers drive well. B&W 8 series, ATC as well as Dynaudio are all great bets with this for a truly neutral sound (Harbeth IMHO cannot be called neutral although they are good speakers)

B&W's are called many things and most bad names are due to partnering equipment. If i were to take a chance I would take it with an ATC or a B&W !!

Congrats Again

Totally agree on the power reserve and refinement. I was quite apprehensive of the modest specs of the E-350. But it oozed a lot of confidence driving various speakers. So I am pretty sure power should not be my concern. DynAudios are a safe bet. They never fail to impress. With a neutral amplifier such as Accuphase a bit of Harbeth color might just click well.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back