Acrylic cases

Lovely Work!!! Lots of it...Did you get the feet also made in acrylic..not able to make out...The black looks really good...Did you get the lettering also done by the same vendor?? I probably need to consolidate all my requirements and make a trip to Kochi....

Yes the feet are also made from 15mm clear acrylic. Lettering are done at the same place. Actually it is laser engraving on acrylic and filled with some acrylic/fabric paint.

There is another place here dealing with sheet metal works. Last weekend i had visited their place to see some sample works. They have all the machinery for bending, powder coating, anodizing, vent cutting etc. I will visit them after two weeks to order few cabinets for amplifiers and active X-over. They also do the lettering on metal using Lith printing.

Hi Bibin,
excellent work:clapping:,Can you share some details on enclosure cost(acrylic?)

Regards,
Sachin

That quiz buzzer enclosure cost Rs 3100. It is made out of 5mm acrylic and a 3mm 50% smoke black acrylic is used as the front panel and the 7 segment LED display is placed behind this.

Awesome work bibin! pls share the details of the build & components used

:clapping:

That is a wireless quiz buzzer using an octal latch IC, RF receiver module(Tx + Rx Pair, 433 Mhz) and a driver for 7 Segment LED display. There are eight remote switches using RF transmitter for the contestants. It is a very simple design. Initially i was thinking about using XBee, but due to the high cost i dropped that plan and went with this cheap 433 Mhz RF modules.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to pics & info on more such projects in the future. Good that you have all these works facilities in & around your location.

Very nice enclosure Bibin. Finish is top notch. Thanks for sharing.

What plans so you have for the active Xover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice enclosure Bibin. Finish is top notch. Thanks for sharing.

What plans so you have for the active Xover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Active X-over is a 3 way one, please see the following link for more details.
Silicon Chip Online - Active 3-Way Crossover for Loud Speaker Systems

I have build one prototype of that, but there is some issue with the low section. Mid and High are awesome when played through Class A Hiraga amp. Need to troubleshoot the issue with low section.

Yes the feet are also made from 15mm clear acrylic. Lettering are done at the same place. Actually it is laser engraving on acrylic and filled with some acrylic/fabric paint.

There is another place here dealing with sheet metal works. Last weekend i had visited their place to see some sample works. They have all the machinery for bending, powder coating, anodizing, vent cutting etc. I will visit them after two weeks to order few cabinets for amplifiers and active X-over. They also do the lettering on metal using Lith printing.
Bibin, How much do they charge for powder coating? Have you seen the finish?

Bibin, How much do they charge for powder coating? Have you seen the finish?

I don't exactly remember the rate for powder coating. They have two finishes one is matte and the other is called Stretch (looks similar to sand blast).

The total cost quoted was below 2k for 3mm aluminium enclosure (W17" x D12" x H4") and 1k for 1mm CR sheet+3mm aluminium front panel.

Last edited:

very impressed,
did not like only cost part...
the lettering with grayish white will look classy ,full white makes it resemble cheaper casings

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back