Activating blutooth on AVR

jayantadak

I am using an AVR which has Airplay but is enabled only through LAN. I use wifi connection instead of LAN. Is there any way out by which I can enable the blutooth through wifi to stream audio content (Spotify, Amazon music etc) from my phone. The AVR is X-2000 DENON. Model 2014.

There are many wifi range extenders which also have a lan port. If you connect your AVR lan port to such an extender with an ethernet cable, your AVR will get wifi capability. You can then do airplay, spotify, etc

Wi-fi and Bluetooth are different technologies, not sure what you mean by enabling Bluetooth through Wi-Fi.

If your router is close enough, just run an ethernet cable. You have a home theater, I'm certain you are no stranger to wires.

If that's not possible, get a l range extender with LAN port or just a cheap router like this one and use it in repeater mode.

If it’s all connected to one network how does it matter if the AVR is on LAN or WiFi ? Your source can be on WiFi and can still find the devices on lan if they are compatible. Just wondering :oops:

hi,
your question is not clear what u want to achieve?
FYI u can connect to your LAN(local area network) by both wired(as u said LAN) and wireless- wifi (which is also LAN only).

Wi-fi and Bluetooth are different technologies, not sure what you mean by enabling Bluetooth through Wi-Fi.

If your router is close enough, just run an ethernet cable. You have a home theater, I'm certain you are no stranger to wires.

If that's not possible, get a l range extender with LAN port or just a cheap router like this one and use it in repeater mode.
Thanks Gourav, will try with the suggested router and see if it works.

If it’s all connected to one network how does it matter if the AVR is on LAN or WiFi ? Your source can be on WiFi and can still find the devices on lan if they are compatible. Just wondering :oops:
In fact since the AVR is a 2013 model, it has provision for LAN connectivity only, AVR's post 2014 have both the options for streaming i.e. via LAN and wifi. Still I will check if one of our members Gourav suggested to connect the LAN port which is on the rear of the AVR with an router and see if i can activate the wifi through the router. Thank you Sumanth. Shall post if it works.

In fact since the AVR is a 2013 model, it has provision for LAN connectivity only, AVR's post 2014 have both the options for streaming i.e. via LAN and wifi. Still I will check if one of our members Gourav suggested to connect the LAN port which is on the rear of the AVR with an router and see if i can activate the wifi through the router. Thank you Sumanth. Shall post if it works.
Got your point now :).. yes in that case either you run a LAN cable directly from the router. Or get another router or extender that has LAN port and can bridge over WiFi. This will work for you. I use TP-link router for similar application connecting my security system in the basement, with no LAN cables running. This will work for sure. Before buying confirm that it has WiFi bridging feature. Bluetooth has lot of limitations and Bluetooth network is a pain. Best of luck.👍

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back