Active 2.1 monitoring speakers? suggestions?

siva2886

Hi ppl,

I need an active 2.1 set up for monitoring the mixes in our home studio.

Criteria:
1. Budget: 30 to 32k.
2. Our interface has unbalanced RCA ouputs.
(If there is an easy way to connect unbalanced RCA to balanced 1/4 in. or XLR, then fine).
3. Where to buy them in chennai? ;)

Please suggest.
Expecting your replies.

If you increase your budget slightly, the Genelec 5040+6010 or 5040+6020 active loudspeaker system will do well for you. They all have RCA inputs. I got an email ad for it a few months ago from S. Kangayan of Studio Care +91 44 23782436 or +91 9884059436

There is also an interesting unique low cost preamp just launched by Parasound for active speakers that could go with the above systems. Dont know if its available in India as yet. Its their NEW Classic Model 2100 two channel preamplifier with inbuilt bass mangement. Product Lines > New Classic > Model 2100 Preamplifier

Last edited:
If you increase your budget slightly, the Genelec 5040+6010 or 5040+6020 active loudspeaker system will do well for you. They all have RCA inputs. I got an email ad for it a few months ago from S. Kangayan of Studio Care +91 44 23782436 or +91 9884059436

There is also an interesting unique low cost preamp just launched by Parasound for active speakers that could go with the above systems. Dont know if its available in India as yet. Its their NEW Classic Model 2100 two channel preamplifier with inbuilt bass mangement. Product Lines > New Classic > Model 2100 Preamplifier

Thanks a lot Hi-Fi.
Wat do u think abt Mackie MR5 monitors? They are available at lynx-india.com
Any idea abt mic - preamps available in India?
I only see behringer in bajaao and m-audio in lynx and am spectical abt the quality of both. any suggestions?

Last edited:
+1 for Genelec. I have heard Genelec a few times and they felt very accurate to my ears, atleast.

I have not heard Mackie or Beheringer, but I own the KRK RP 5 G2. Although I bought them for hi-fi listening, they must be pretty gud with monitoring (they actually are studio monitors).

+1 for Genelec. I have heard Genelec a few times and they felt very accurate to my ears, atleast.

I have not heard Mackie or Beheringer, but I own the KRK RP 5 G2. Although I bought them for hi-fi listening, they must be pretty gud with monitoring (they actually are studio monitors).

Where can I get the KRK speakers? any dealers?

The Mackie & KRK are certainly very good and cheaper without a doubt. But you normally never regret buying the best when it comes to loudspeaker monitors, because they do the job well and you don't have to upgrade for long. That itself saves a load of money in the long term. Also you will rid yourself of all that lost time and the misery of working with not good enough equipment till you finally upgrade to the best stuff which actually works and does the job well. Also the price difference between good and best is not that huge. So weigh all the pros and cons and take a decision that works for your setup.

You could take a look at the budget mic preamp from Grace Design at the link m101
Also check out the Portico 5012 link http://rupertneve.com/products/portico-5012/

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back