Active Speakers for Worldspace

Sumit

Hi All!!

I am planning to install worldspace sattelite radio in my bedroom . I am looking for a active stereo setup to go with it. I am not looking at huge speakers ( nothing to upset the Mrs!!)- Something small and beautiful and wall-mounted.
People this is not my HT where I am the King. This is enemy territory and I must tread carefully. So, please consider ascetics as priority no. 01!!

Thanks.

Have heard about M-audio and Samson active monitors. They are quiet good with sound reproduction.
But I doubt if you will get a proper demo of those products. But do find the dealer in your city and inquire with him

Site for Samson audio is
Samson Technologies Corp.

Look out for studio monitors in the product list

Site for M-audio is
M-AUDIO

Look out for refrence monitors. The prices of M-audio are quiet higher then Samson, but friends i know who use it say its worth the money

I am not sure whats the budget here. But, in general I think the computer speakers can be looked into. The one I had was Audioengine A2. It was highly recommended though I wouldn't give it that high marks. But, for the price probably a pretty nice one. Alternatively, I have a small (slightly bigger than ipod) and cheap Class D amp called as Dr. Amp, simply lying around with me. When connected this to some good bookshelf speakers, these are a clear step above all the computer speakers I have heard.

Hi All!!

I am planning to install worldspace sattelite radio in my bedroom . I am looking for a active stereo setup to go with it. I am not looking at huge speakers ( nothing to upset the Mrs!!)- Something small and beautiful and wall-mounted.
People this is not my HT where I am the King. This is enemy territory and I must tread carefully. So, please consider ascetics as priority no. 01!!

Thanks.

Hi Sumit,
Check out the AEGO M aego m series : acoustic energy

I own the AEGO2 (discontinued and replaced by AEGO M). They are beautiful in sound and looks. Here are the dealer details (mentioned on the website too).

M/S Reference Point (India)
Contact M/S Reference Point
No.8 12th Cross 1st Stage, Bangalore, India, India, 560038
Tel:+91-80-25257246
Fax: +91-80-25257419

Hi All!!

Thanks.

Enemy territory, heh :)

What are the size (huge is subjective) and budget limits? If bookshelf are fine and budget in the range of Rs. 50K is fine then Quad actives are an option.

Regards,
Prasad.

Hi All!!

Thanks.
Hi! Sumit,
I suggest you check out Genelec,Finland Active Speakers (Imported from Finland but Available in India). The Basic starting model would be Ideal at least aesthetically as per your requirement. And the sound quality - Outstanding. These speakers are literally "small in size big in sound". With these speakers to buy a subwoofer or not is totally optional as per listeners preference. Thanks

Hi! Sumit,
I suggest you check out Genelec,Finland Active Speakers (Imported from Finland but Available in India). The Basic starting model would be Ideal at least aesthetically as per your requirement. And the sound quality - Outstanding. These speakers are literally "small in size big in sound". With these speakers to buy a subwoofer or not is totally optional as per listeners preference. Thanks

You have posted in a very old thread !

you may also consider Behringer Truths 2031A..... they are not as bright as M-Audio and Samson so better for general listening. bass extension is also quite good.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back