• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Active speakers or Soundbar

• Thread starter Deleted member 17547
  • Start date
Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport
D

Deleted member 17547

Hello,

My AVR died few days back and my wife wants me to sell my paradigm floorstanders so I am thinking of either buy a soundbar or active speakers for casual listening. Sometimes friends do drop by and the music gets loud a little bit so I am more inclined towards active speakers but it might be just my assumption that active speakers would be more suitable within my budget. My budget is around 30-40k for the same.

Would really appreciate any views/help on this.

Thanks in advance.

MaSh

Active speakers absolutely. Soundbars are just a substitute for TV speakers in a small room, in my opinion.

MaSh

Upvote 0

sunand777

Just audition polk magnifi max soundbar in profx showroom, its awesome soundbar with great sound quality.

Upvote 0

elangoas

My AVR died few days back and my wife wants me to sell my paradigm floorstanders so I am thinking of either buy a soundbar or active speakers for casual listening.

My budget is around 30-40k for the same.

If you like to retain Paradigm FS, and don't want to spend much, consider getting one of the chinese digital amplifiers abt <= 10K (FX Audio D802, SMSL Q5 Pro) incl of shipping to India.. These have variety of digital inputs which the powered speakers / soundbar usually are not provided with..

These also come with built in DAC.. So no need to spend extra..

imgrc0075915868.jpg

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 17547

Thanks for the input guys. Though i am trying to get an amp but it would be a tough task to convince my wife :p

I am planning to check out few sound bars and active speakers so lets see how it goes.

Thanks

Upvote 0