Active speakers or Soundbar

• Thread starter Deleted member 17547
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17547

Hello,

My AVR died few days back and my wife wants me to sell my paradigm floorstanders so I am thinking of either buy a soundbar or active speakers for casual listening. Sometimes friends do drop by and the music gets loud a little bit so I am more inclined towards active speakers but it might be just my assumption that active speakers would be more suitable within my budget. My budget is around 30-40k for the same.

Would really appreciate any views/help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Active speakers absolutely. Soundbars are just a substitute for TV speakers in a small room, in my opinion.

MaSh

Just audition polk magnifi max soundbar in profx showroom, its awesome soundbar with great sound quality.

My AVR died few days back and my wife wants me to sell my paradigm floorstanders so I am thinking of either buy a soundbar or active speakers for casual listening.

My budget is around 30-40k for the same.

If you like to retain Paradigm FS, and don't want to spend much, consider getting one of the chinese digital amplifiers abt <= 10K (FX Audio D802, SMSL Q5 Pro) incl of shipping to India.. These have variety of digital inputs which the powered speakers / soundbar usually are not provided with..

These also come with built in DAC.. So no need to spend extra..

imgrc0075915868.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. Though i am trying to get an amp but it would be a tough task to convince my wife :p

I am planning to check out few sound bars and active speakers so lets see how it goes.

Thanks

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back