Active Speakers - Price vs Quality

Re: Dream Active Pro-Home Audio / HT Setup

nosortf, your posts show an uncanny resemblance to the style of my good friend Khushrau Jilla. Could you be him by any chance? :eek:hyeah:

:lol:

Mr.Pandam

I am amazed that you are actually the 3rd person asking me this.
Pleased that you are have friends in the audio business.
I will meet Mr.Jilla later for PMC IB2S-A
Sadly he quoted me rupees 20 lakhs for a 19 thousand pound speaker.
Hope we come to an understanding.

Now I will be the 4th :p BTW, Khushrau quoted 21 lac's for the very same speakers to me. You must be special - hence the 1 lac discount ;) Oh wait its you, yourself hehehehhe. Reminds me of the lyrics of the Megadeth Song 'Sweating Bullets' ;)

Accuracy is exactly what it states. Output identical to signal input. Nothing more, nothing less. Accurate to the source is not debatable.

People want to be respected and feel superior, so they will buy expensive toys and put it out on display so the world knows what they are worth. Some do so knowing it is overpriced but it achieves their primary objective : elite status.

After all what is a brand? What is the point of it? Why buy a S class to drive you to work when a Accent will do it just as well? That engine is pretty useless in the city and you use more fuel. Why use an original rolex? Why not a knock off? It tells time, looks the same. The list goes on.

The point of my initial post was simply to underscore your beliefs about a certain price point being the the reference guide as to whether an active is a good choice or not. I have seen no rational reasons to defend that position, nor did I ask for any. Such a position cannot be defended rationally.

You must be a dealer for such active speakers trying to drum up business.

:clapping:

+1.............
Still to see some measurement or some reference data other than the price tag superiority from this gentleman. :)

:clapping:

The proverbial cat is outta the bag :eek:hyeah:

catbag.jpg

Denom from your Avatar, I presume accurate speakers are the last thing for you. If you really want an active speaker, for Headbanger's Ball, you need fun speakers. Best active speaker, and not crazy expensive is Mackie SRM450.

Mr.Pandam
Pleased that you are have friends in the audio business.

Sonosphere, with his trail of obscure views, potshots and sarcasm, everyone who has known KJ and spoken and discussed with him can easily identify his writings. This thread was supposed to attract an intelligent discussion to define the features of an ideal dream active loudspeaker system Zypher is interested to design and build, instead it has been barged into and turned into a collection of unscientific views that spank of mischief towards the respected people who started this thread. Its not like KJ does not understand the science and sensibilities of good active loudspeaker technology, we all know he is a clever guy, but its more the thrill of psyching everyone who is trying to have a sensible discussion. Its not fair to the Zypher guys who started this thread and the other genuine participants. I just hope the sensible discussion can continue from here on. There are so many members who are interested to know everyones views on what features they think an ideal dream active loudspeaker system should have :)

Very well put Prashant. Request Kanwar & Sanjay to either repost the purpose of this thread or start a new one.

:)

I have been a mute spectator on this thread as it diverted completely from the intended direction!
I guess we should just go ahead & make a speaker & price it at say 11 lacs? That should make it sound good (after spending that kind of money, one will have to call it good to protect his investment :)

You have made the major design decision: the price label. Nothing else matters :lol:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back